NSV climbing stairs

(Jo) #1

So here’s the deal. 4 weeks ago, if you had suggested to me to take the stairs from floor 2 to floor 11 in my building I’d have said: “You’re nuts!”.

Fast forward to today. I forgot my water bottle in my car (garage is in another building), so I go out, take a brisk walk (about 5 minutes) to the car and get my bottle and walk back. Back in my building I am brimming with physical energy that wants an outlet. I search for a stairs on the ground floor - there isn’t any. I take the elevator to the second floor and there it was – a beautiful wide and bright stairwell, beckoning me to come up. I literally fly up the stairs and only at about the seventh floor I start noticing that I am a little out of breath. I slow down a little to catch my breath and on I go. All the way to floor 11.

This would have been unthinkable a month ago. Something is happening! Something good!

EDIT:
I can’t get enough of this, I went back down for lunch, all 11 floors. I did take the elevator up though because it would have been a little messy with the food in my hands.

(Brian) #2

It sneaks up on us! :slight_smile:

Had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago. It’s quite liberating!

(Jo) #3

So I heard something on the 2KetoDudes podcast that explained what happened. They quoted science that says that if you are burning fat you need less oxygen to function. So it would make sense that you also need to breathe less hard if you put stress on your heart by climbing up stairs. Just thought I’d share.