Nsv - burpees <3

As I’m getting closer to my goal weight (17 lbs to go) losing weight is getting harder and harder, which can be extremely frustrating. So lately I’ve really been trying to focus on my NSV’s to help me maintain a positive attitude, and I had a big one last night at the gym.

When I started working with my trainer 4 months ago I could NOT do a full burpee. I could do a half assed push up, and kick my legs back, but could not manage to jump my legs back forward (had to step forward one leg at a time), and the jump at the end was also near impossible… Last night during our session I was able to do not only 1 full burpee, but 10 … THREE TIMES! :smile:

I had to brag somewhere because hubby was just not quite as enthused at my accomplishment as I was LOL

(Erin Macfarland ) #2

I’m not trying to be a downer or discourage you but you maybe don’t need to lose 17 lbs…so much of what we think our ideal weight or size should be (especially as women) is unnatural and we have to go to extraordinary lengths to lose it and keep it off. If you’re meant to lose more weight it should come off fairly easily. Otherwise your body will fight you if you push it too much

I definitely appreciate the sentiment of what you’re saying, but at 5’2" I don’t think that 125 is unnatural? Ambitious maybe, but not unnatural. I started at 212 lbs size 16, at 142 I’m a size 10 and sitting at 30% body fat so I don’t think it’s unrealistic to lose a little more. I imagine I will eventually level off somewhere around 135, but I also think it’s not a bad thing to have goals to reach for. All of that being said, I’m weight training and working out about 4 days a week, so I DO understand that as my body composition changes it might make it impossible to lose 17 more lbs. We shall see. . .It’s just something to work towards.
I don’t know that I agree with the comment that “weight should come off fairly easily” I don’t feel that any part of this journey has been easy and I think that’s a bit misleading to those who might be just starting out. Maybe the first 15 lbs was “easy” but the rest was a long slow two year process and in that two years there have been lots of stalls and tears of frustration… Everyone is different, but for me this has definitely not been easy.

(Michelle) #4

BRAVO to you!!! 30 burprees is quite the accomplishment, coming from not being able to do 1 full burpree. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am down to my last 10lbs (have been trying to lose this for a while), and I know the struggle of when your body is like “well… I kind of like it here”!! I lost 50 lbs and now just gotta get my body on board with my mind. It’s a slow journey, and that’s fine. It’s happening. Turtle wins the race and all that jazz.

(Jules Swart) #5

Kudos to you! That is fantastic progress, well worth crowing about!