November 2020 - IF/EF Chat Thread (All Welcome)

Figured I’d toss this in for this month. Especially since I’m planning on jumping right back in this week, since I had to break early at 67 hrs. this past week for the fridge issues. Which I’m still dealing with…

Happy “Holiday” Fasting Folks. :+1:

I went ahead and ate Dinner early today so I can get an early start on a nice Fast for this week.

My carni November started! My actual woe is pretty much connected to my fasting… I am serious about doing OMAD when I can but surely will need to throw in some TMADs too. But we will see. The first day was a very proper carni OMAD :slight_smile: I don’t plan longer fasts but I won’t force eating if my body wants them at some point… :wink:

Was planning on Fasting till Wednesday, but postponed by request. - Wife had asked if I wouldn’t mind postponing Fasting for a couple days, with a few things we have going on. Explained was only thinking to get in an early Fast since I was thinking of taking off Thursday and Friday to get some hunting in… but just decided to take off Thursday, Friday and all of next week. So I can always get some Fasting in later in the coming weeks, since I won’t be returning to work until November 16th. … No biggie… :slight_smile:

(Jane Srygley) #5

Thanks for starting the thread @Digital_Dave :blush:

I am doing my Thursday fast, hoping this puts me in Onderland again tomorrow, however briefly :smile: I’m going to keep up the OMAD Sundays and all-day Thursdays fasts until Thanksgiving–I take one Thursday off per month and that seems the most logical, though I don’t think we’ll be visiting family this year, unfortunately.

How’s everyone else’s fasting going this month?

After barely IF days, today I had a small eating window again (or not proper OMAD with a few bites later, it’s my thing lately…).
Carnivore is tricky as I tend to eat less than what I need for a day for my first meal. But my OMAD days are definitely more convenient, hopefully I will have more such days. Or at least TMAD with a 3-4 hour eating window, very first meal heavy as usual… I tend to have a bigger meal then tiny ones every 2-3 hours if I can’t eat enough for the first one lately and it’s a bit annoying (even though I stop at 11pm. it wouldn’t be fun to eat until bedtime).
But it’s my strictest and longest carnivore trial ever and only the 5th day. Hopefully it will evolve in the right direction.

(Trudy) #7

Planning on fasting Tuesdays and Thursdays until Christmas but see how I feel. Struggled with fasting recently and stopped early on several occasions. I certainly have to stay off of Facebook when fasting, all those images are a trigger for me. Have fun fasting everyone :grinning:

(Linda ) #8

Hi guys im gonna join you guys …right now im eating omad id say I’m probably considered ketovore, cos although I eat mostly carnivore meals most days of the week I still throw in the odd keto item here and there sometimes…so although I read the carnivore thread I dont post there.

(Bob M) #9

I usually eat near carnivore, meaning a lot of my meals are carnivore or carnivore with some “vegetables” like olives (which are probably technically a fruit). I usually don’t make myself vegetables, but if my wife makes them, I might eat them.

For me, the pandemic has made it harder to fast, as my family is home all the time. Since school began, my daughter began going back to dance/karate, which means I can pick her up as late as 8:15 pm. If I stay at work until then, this makes fasting easier.

However, one of the dancers had a positive covid test (her whole family was positive), so dance is shutdown for two weeks.

I also find that the more I lift weights, and the more muscle mass I get, the harder it is for me to fast. I can do aerobics one day and not be hungry the next day, but if I lift for 50+ minutes, I’m starving the next day, no matter how much I eat the day of lifting. Not sure why that is.

(Jane) #10

Started a 36-hr fast after dinner last night. I miss my longer 72-hr fasts but haven’t tried one since I quit traveling so much.

14 hours in sipping my salted black coffee.

(Jane) #11

Started my last fast before Thanskgiving - another 36-hr one. 20 hours in and only mild waves of hunger.

BG: 79
BK: 2.7
GKI: 1.6
Boz: 29

(Tired of the yoyo) #12

I had a 38 hour fast earlier this week. The fast was OK. I was hungry pretty often, but felt pretty good the next morning when I got up. It was kind of difficult preparing and cooking my family’s evening meal though.

I might try another 36 hour fast after dinner tonight since I have an appointment tomorrow evening.

(Bob M) #13

That’s the worst. Many times, I’m too (mentally) weak to miss dinner.