November 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

When taken in the smaller dose, it’s not used as a laxative, per se. It will help if you’re having issues with, say, constipation. But unless you take a good amount of it, you should be fine. It’s usually taken for the Magnesium itself. (But yes, it’s the same stuff you can be asked to take, for say a Colonoscopy. Which they will usually ask you to drink 1 or 2 bottles. And it works very good in cleaning out your system when done in this manner.

For me, I drink a KetoAide each morning, daily. When I’m fasting, I do a second in the evening when I get home from work. So usually two a day for fasting. … I’ve also added some more ingredients to @Brenda recipe.

20 oz. bottle - drink it down within a minute or so, then carry my water bottle at all other times.
1/4 tsp. Morton’s Lite Salt
1/2 tbsp. Magnesium Citrate
1/2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)

I’ve been doing this pretty much the entire time I’ve been doing Keto, and it’s very helpful. :slight_smile:

(Kristin) #69

I’m almost 24 hours into my first 36 hour fast. I just got back from the grocery store. Food shopping while fasting sucked today - not because I’m hungry (I’m not) but because of the carb cravings, which are usually not a problem when I’m full from fat.

I’m cooking now (for my husband), and even though it smells good (and I know it will taste good), it’s not a problem.

(Running from stupidity) #72

In what is either a normal fit of genius, or a sign that fasting is REALLY no big deal, I made a new batch of [spoiler]Ghee[/spoiler] today. Despite fasting from last night through to Monday morning.

Presently in at 60 hours, but didn’t get to do most of the things I wanted yesterday, since I had to work and then I got stuck at the eye doctors until later in the afternoon. (back to back appointments for me and the wife) So I happened to get up this morning at 5AM, so I guess I will be getting an early start today. :slight_smile:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #74

Fat feasting today. Starting a 5 day fast tomorrow. Was going to do another 7 day, but realized I have an event on 11/11, so stopping after 5 days. Giving myself a refill day (can be uncomfortable :grimacing:) on Sat then the system should be ready! I love that I can just fit fasting into my life :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

(Justin Jordan) #75

Fasting again today.

Did 4 days out of seven last week. That won’t (likely) happen again this week, but it’s good. I’ve been intentionally eating more food generally and more fat in particular on eating days, which unsurprisingly has made a difference on the fasting days.

I am intentionally not weighing myself for a few weeks, so no clue how it’s working there, but the frequent fasting is definitely helping my blood sugar.

Fasting accountability buddy. Anyone up for it?
(Kristin) #76

I completed my first 36 hour fast. I broke the fast after about 38 hours for the planned BBQ, which I chronicled in the what did you keto today thread. I think essential to the success of this longer fast was eating a lot of fat in my last meal before beginning the fast.

I felt pretty good during the fast, though my husband said I was irritable. He told me, “maybe you should eat a pepperoni or something.” :joy:

(Kristin) #77

Next up I’m planning a week free of dairy, except for ghee and hwc. That starts tomorrow.

Presently at 73 hrs. and completed my first Fast on a weekend. :slight_smile: (usually just fast during weekdays) … But still not sure when I will break, but probably no later then Tuesday, since that would put me at my self-imposed limit of 5 days. (120 hrs.) … But will see how things go. As usual, feeling great and already have my refeed victim picked out, but won’t post about that here. :wink: I will post that on the ‘What did you Keto today’ thread.

Speaking of that… @KetoKristin - Congrats, and sounds like you’re doing well. But so you know, please blur your mentions of any foods in your post. I don’t have any problems with it personally and I even cook for the family and bake stuff while fasting, but they ask that you blur food mentions since some don’t like to read or see this while they fast. So they ask that you do this in any thread in regards to fasting, such as the monthly IF/EF or the ZornFast, @Brenda usually sets up each month. … Thanks. :slight_smile:

(Tania) #79

Hi, everyone am new here. I was really looking for a buddy to start a water fast with to be able to stay motivated with and push each other through the tough days. I am starting tomarrow 11/05/2018.

(Running from stupidity) #80

Well, that was different.

Just finished a 40+ hour fast with Monday lunch, and spent a fair bit of Sunday 7-8 hours) feeling pretty hungry, and again this morning for a couple of hours. I figured it was because of all the food-buying and -packing yesterday that really triggered it, so I just ignored it and pushed on through (character-building, #amIrite?) but it was pretty strange.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #81

just getting to 12h. aiming for 72 again, though finally cracking the 100 mark again would be cool…
Lets see how that goes.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #82

We are all your buddies :smiley:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #83

That’s happened to me a couple of times. I’m usually not in a position to break the fast at that time anyway (running everyone around) so I’ve been forced to push through. Once I got a hot tea and that helped a lot. I think as long as you feel well and have fat stores to burn it’s not a concern.

Are you a better person now? :thinking:

(Running from stupidity) #84

Yeah, my thinking too.

Are you a better person now? :thinking:

Hang on, I’ll go ask my wife…

(Justin Jordan) #85

Just past 36 hours now. That also makes six days of alternate daily fasts completed, which is good for me - I’m not super keen on them.

Presently at 85 hrs. and starting a new work week. All’s well, if this stupid rain would stop already. :slight_smile:

(Beth) #87

Right? Are you on the east coast? Raining here in Maryland AGAIN. 85 hours! Wow.

(Beth) #88

How long are you going to try for? I’m fasting 4 days, 24 hours each this week but may try to go 48 for the autophagy. @Monurse, are you doing any fasting this week?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #89

aaaahh… back to square one… or hour 0 [spoiler](homemade brownies from a coworkers birthday had to try one)[/spoiler]
Had a keto meal after to get right back on track and starting over.
Going to zumba class tonight to burn off that glucose faster.