November 2017 Goals & Plans- Weight Maintenance

goals

(Karen Parrott) #1

November 2017 Weight Maintainers Goals and Plans

I’ll post back here at the end of the month for metrics and how I actually did vs the plan

1. Manage the most stressful month of the year by dealing with binge urges
    tools (ID bing urge vs true hunger)

2. String together as many 17:7 fasting days as I feel benefits me
    tools (Vox fasting timer app)

3. Continue to daily weigh and record body fat
    (My Fitness Pal)

4. Deal gracefully with weird commends from friends, co-workers, relatives due to the holiday
    (Wing + Prayer + Emotional Intelligence, sprinkle with patience)

5. Keep my weight inside my BEST range for as many days as possible
    (Fitbit trendlines)

Sounds like a good plan Karen!!

Good luck!! :grinning:

(Jacquie) #3

My goal in a nutshell is to keto on and stay active. :slight_smile: Being older, my greatest fear is sarcopenia, so being active (weight training, walking/hiking, functional outdoor work, weather permitting) is very important to me.

Regarding my keto woe, it’s going well as I love to cook and experiment. One trigger food is macadamia nuts which I hope to remove for now. It came in handy when I did Dave Feldman’s Cholesterol Protocol but I added them on a regular basis and that just doesn’t work. Expensive, too. :wink:

Thanks to @gardengirlkp Karen, I added Headspace (last January) to my morning routine. It’s ironic that I worked as a medical social worker but wasn’t into meditation for myself. It’s been very beneficial.

What’s worked for me keto-wise is three meals (lunch is small), no snacks and nothing after 6pm. I tried IF of 18:6 and 16:8 last year but it didn’t feel right for me, so I get in a 14 hour overnight fast, which feels right, for now.

(Karen Parrott) #4

Hi Jacquie!!! I too had to remove macadamias (and all nuts). Sigh. Glad you are focusing in on sarcopenia. Yes!!! Mobility, movement, muscle mass!!! It’s all awesome.

:smile:

(Karen Parrott) #5

Midmonth progress update I was able to get my weight gain trend switch over to a flatline and even back into my best weight maintenance range.

The biggest thing for the rest of the month will be maintaining the new flat trendline. I stick to my food template during Thanksgiving because I’m in food addiction remission so Thanksgiving won’t be as much of a problem. I do tend to gain weight on travel days but I have access to a kitchen and on plan foods.

Tricky thing for me going above my best weight maintenance range is that weight gain can happen very very quickly in a week or two I can start to go upwards. Once I realize getting stopped as soon as I noticed the trend was key in maintenance than that made life a lot easier. I know it’s my obesity FTO genes at work.

Here’s to another week!

(Karen Parrott) #6

Hello everyone. Here’s how my month of Nov 2017 ended:

I had two inputs as root causes of my weight re-gain this month ( I had known about both, but to have addressed both in one month was pretty wild).

1. Hormone balance (???) due to not fasting enough AND most likely overeating food. (remember, I"m that chick with no off switch, even being keto) (takes 2-3 weeks to address).

2. Second, later in the month: Eating out , exposure to grain, and multi spider bite extravaganza. ( inflammation, acute, will go away fast)

Good news, I’m leveled out and continuing more IF days. Just looking to be level.

Any other check-ins for the month of Nov 2017?

Hi Karen- Keep it up!:grinning:

Your post is giving me motivation.

I’m in maintenance- and doing pretty good.

I added weightlifting to my routine in November. I feel stronger and better overall and my blood sugar and ketone levels have improved. So I feel good about that.

December may be another tough month; but hopefully we all stay well enough on track to position ourselves for a good headstart into the new year!

(Karen Parrott) #8

Thanks!!! yes, indeed. Lifting weights is a great way to feel well. I do think that staying on track in December is key for the next year.

Thanks for checking in on this thread.