Not sure if this is a stall....Maybe someone can help?

(Steve S) #1

First of all, Hello. I’m a new user here, as far as posts go, but I’ve been reading from here ever since starting Keto. Thanks for all of the helpful information. It’s made some things much easier…Especially the tips on getting that fat in. It can be difficult eating so much.

A little about myself… I started at 91.5 Kilos, August 4th. Reached 85.3 on Thursday. 3 days ago.
My macro targets… 16 grams of carbs, 82 grams of protein, 102 grams of fat.

I am following my carbs, protein and fats religiously. However, I’ve gone up in weight the last 3 days. Not much, but… .its not down. Today I was 85.7. which is only 400 grams, but it is the 3rd day my weight has gone in that direction. So, I’m hoping for suggestions, if anyone has any.

If it matters, I watched a video that said my daily fat can come from a plate or from my body, and that as long as I’m keeping away from carbs, and hitting my protein macro, Ill continue to lose weight. I’m still eating fat, but sometimes I don’t quite hit that 102.

How important is it to hit that fat macro? Is it true that fat can come from the body or the plate? Was that misinformation?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can shed some light.

Best Regards,
Steve

Hi @Steve_S, welcome! You have been keto’ing for about 3 weeks now, and it is not uncommon to have fluctuations in your weight during this period. It’s why some folks don’t weigh daily or weekly. At this point, the most important thing is to keep your carbs at/under 20g, eat some protein, and eat fat to satiety. If you are doing that then don’t worry about your macros. Make sure that you are meeting your electrolyte needs - salt, potassium, & magnesium. Drink plenty of water as well.

(Steve S) #3

Thank you Ann. I appreciate the response!

(Alec) #4

It’s not important to hit whatever your fat macro is. The important rule is eat fat to satiety. If you are not hungry, don’t eat more, including more fat. So, in essence, it is true that your fat macro can come from plate or body.

However, there is a catch. If you consistently undereat, you will lower your metabolism, and therefore it is not recommended to undereat consistently. Alas, understanding what “undereating” means for you is very individual.

(Steve S) #5

I see. Thank you for your input. Very helpful!!!

(Kerin ) #6

I lost 19lbs the first month and have managed to lose 5lbs each month since (I started 5/30/18)…also, I’m not always watching the macros… For me to lose weight and honestly feel better is amazing!
Our bodies do what they do to keep us moving even while asleep.
I am trying to make keto friendly foods more, it’s a little rough, but all transitions have a grace period.

(Steve S) #7

Thanks for the encouragement! I really appreciate it!