Not seeing many results after ~1-2 month

newbies

Yep…that will get people in trouble.

The general recommendation is log food meticulously for at least a month. It helps teach you how to measure and gauge carb and protein content in food. It becomes an eye-opener experience as people usually “guesstimate” wrong the first time.

I’m also concerned about this… and a lot of the other junk in the processed meats we get in Australia. The bigger issue is steering away from cooking your processed meat as that forms nitrosamines which are a potent carcinogen. Cured meats are theoretically less of an issue. Still, I’m sensitive and I react to the amount of chemical rubbish in these meats. If you can get fresh cooked chicken breast or something else with no additives that would be perfect.

(Suzanne Barton) #23

Hi Kevin - just wondering how things are going for you now? I too had a rough keto beginning. Took me 9 weeks to really start feeling better. At week 8 the only thing preventing me from giving up entirely was the fact that even with the problems I was having adjusting to keto I still felt better than I ever have in my life.
Hope things are going great for you and you are past all the frustration.