Not much weight lost

(Tammy Uhlemann) #1

I have been on diet for month and only lost 5 pounds. My keto sticks have been in dark purple for last couple weeks…???

(Sierra) #2

Tammy, some people just lose weight more quickly than others.
You could try tracking all your calories and macros with my fitness pal (if you aren’t already). I’ve also heard of stress messing up weight loss, even with flawless eating.

(Kameel Awdish) #3

There are many variables to consider. high ketones on test trip doesnt = weight loss. It can simply be dietary fat being converted to ketones for energy thus no weight loss. You need to consider how insulin resistant you may be, it takes time for your body to effeciently be able to access your stored body fat. patience and consistency and modification are key! Gd luck!

What I have found has helped is eliminating snacking between meals and shortening my eating window (intermittent fasting, or IF). This gives time for your insulin to fall so you can attack fat stores. If you’re hungry, eat to satiety, but try to not snack between meals. Over time you’ll find you can go longer and longer between meals. Watch that you’re not calorie restricting, however. Hope that is helpful!

Lots of useful threads around: