Not losing weight yet

(ketokat1) #1

Hello everyone,
I’m not exactly a newbie. I did Atkins years ago. And I went LCHF in September before going Keto in October. But I’ve been ketoing for 10 weeks now with the same 4-5 lbs fluctuating back and forth. I am starting to do some restricted eating and easily skip breakfast now. I know that I will keep going. I am T2D and am needing to lose around 60-70lbs and lower insulin. I know that I am very insulin resistant. I have been T2D for 20 years.
Since eating keto, I have so much more energy and I have no carb cravings anymore. I am just now sleeping better and I had terrible cramps until learning to eat lots of salt. So, I will keep reading on this forum for encouragement. I just wish for weight loss…I know…keep going and I will.
Thanks to everyone who posts their experiences for others like me.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

I am a kidney transplant recipient and was starting to develop what is called post-transplant diabetes. September 1 I started keto/Atkins and lost for a bit and stalled. I read fine tuning your diet with some tweaks can get things moving. For some cutting out dairy is helpful. Also too much protein can be a problem (can we say Atkins?). Reducing protein and limiting myself to 1-2 oz. of cheese got me going again. At THE same time I started fermenting my own vegetables and consume them almost every day. The probiotics in live fermented vegetables will improve the efficiency of digestion which helps with weight loss. Do a search for fermentation on this site and Google to get started, so easy and fun. I was stalled at 15 lbs lost for weeks and after the tweaks lost almost 10 lbs in 3 weeks. I hope you find this helpful. I cut from 3-4 eggs per day to 2 and reduced meat by about 40%. Added more coconut oil and bacon grease to my diet. It made me less hungry as well. Studies show from an experiment in India that men who did nothing to their diet except consuming 2 T of coconut oil lost an average of 2" waist size by that alone in a year. Remember to eat when you’re hungry and stop when you’re not!