Not complaining, just asking!

newbies

(Becky) #1

Hey all,

I just have a question that im sure you all have gotten before, but I am needy so please excuse me.
I will not say that I am stalled (only been 2 weeks) but i am not losing at this moment. I am loving all of the nsv so i have no intentions of giving up (like i always have with every other diet in my past) but i would like to make sure that i am doing things the way i should.
My sw was 228 and i have been at 182 for a couple of weeks. I take measurements weekly and they have also not changed. Should i be changing carbs, fats or proteins at this point or just go with the flow for now. I will not lie, i do use sweet and low, if this is the issue i will gladly give them up…just needing some input on if I need to shake things up. As the title states, I am not complaining at all, I planned for this to a point. I feel very blessed, I lost quite a bit in a short time, im realistic and know it will not continue to be this quick of a process. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! I hope everyone has a super amazing keto day!! And thanks in advance.

(Lorena) #2

Hi, I’m a relative newbie too. If you have lost 46 pounds you are doing great! Congratulations! I know there will be people who are very well informed to answer your questions. Knowing a little of what you are eating and your daily fat grams would help answer your question.

From my own experience, I have been eating Keto for 2 months and it’s been a real learning experience. I am trying to find the right fit of fat to protein for myself. Overall I feel great and not eating any carbs but what is in veggies, nuts and heavy whipping cream leaves me with no bloating and a flat stomach. I track my food because I think it’s necessary for me to see what I’m doing and then it’s easier to fix.

Here’s an article on artificial sweeteners. I use only a stevia product called Truvia and only on occasion and in very small quantities. I’ve found that since I’ve started eating Keto and therefore no sugar that my taste buds are really amped up. Food tastes so much more rich and flavors are heightened.

(Becky) #3

120 fat
96 protein

Thats where it says i should be, but honestly rarely make either of those numbers.

An average day is as follows:

Breakfast…coffee (2 cups) both with half a sweet n low and some heavy whipping cream
Lunch… coffee (1cup) sweet n low and hwc, usually have either deli turkey or ham
Dinner…1 cup cabbage, 2 slices bacon and a pan seared porkchop all cooked with butter.

Im not hungry, so i realize my menu looks heavy on coffee low on food, but it satisfies me on the norm. I will make a bulletproof coffee several days a week. Im trying to add fat but find it hard to “force” it into my stomach.

And thanks for the positive reply, i am very proud of myself for coming this far. I do think I will get off the sweetners in my coffee. I only posted this to make sure im doing ok, i still don’t know all of the ins and outs yet :blush:. And as a side note, can anyone tell me if it’s ok for me to have crawfish? Good Friday is coming up and we tend to like our crawfish down here :grinning:

(Lorena) #4

Sorry, I meant carb grams not fat.
I hear ya on forcing the fat/food. I don’t eat that many calories but by tracking, I can see how many fat/carb/protein grams I am getting.

Here’s what I found about crawfish:

(Becky) #5

Awesome, thanks…and i stay between 11-17 net carbs per day

(Carl Keller) #6

Hi Becky.

It’s possible you have reached the point of being fat-adapted. This means if you slightly lower the amount of fat you eat, your body will supplement any energy needs by burning your body fat. For me, it meant reducing the amount of dairy and nuts I was eating. I simply stopped trying to make fat a part of my every bite of food.

You can also try eating just once or twice a day or even switching things up and alternating. The more time our insulin is at the rest, the geater our opportunity is to burn body fat.

If you can lower your fat macro a little and decrease your eating window and this does not affect your energy levels or lead to a big increase of hunger, then you are most likely fat adapted.

That’s amazing progress if you started in early January! Good job. :slight_smile:

It will spike your insulin levels so I wouldn’t recommend using it all day long. I do indulge in stevia in my morning coffee and I know it causes an insulin spike but I was willing to take the hit because I was still losing weight. It’s something you should keep an eye on and not be afraid to drastically reduce or omit if your pattern of no loss continues.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #7

First of all, love the title!

Second of all I read an article about sweet and low a year ago about how it promotes gut flora that keeps you fat and kills gut flora that can help with weight. I stopped using it and switched to Splenda and started losing weight within a month. (Not a ton, but I just started slimming down a bit) I’m certainly not saying Splenda is good either, it has it’s own drawbacks, but personally it works better for me. I’m not at a point where I’m willing to give up artificial sweeteners. Maybe someday.

Let me see if I can find the article.

(Becky) #8

Thank you @CarlKeller, that was exactly what i needed to hear. Im pretty sure i can go most of the day without being hungry so i may try OMAD. I use the ever dreaded urine strips and was a bit confused because they no longer show color. Maybe all of this is a good sign. And thank you for the encouragement, yes, i only started in January so i am thrilled with the results thus far!
@PetaMarie
Thank you for that insight, i had never heard it so simply stated…thats what i need lol. I will co sider splenda if im unable to kick the habit 100%. Im currently trying to kick a smoking habit as well so my body is revolting right now lol…

(KCKO, KCFO) #9

And that is why you need to dip them in butter sauce.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #10

I started vaping and quit smoking on Feb 1. It’s working and I cannot believe it but it is. Best wishes to you!

We have a smoker’s/vaper’s lounge on the forum if you want support or to just chat. Feel free to check it out!