Not All Peanuts Are Equal(ly Labelled)

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #1

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Not such a “Great Value” after all. :joy::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #3

Yeah. I hadn’t thought of looking at it’s label. I saw the ingredients when I was comparing the honey roasted (an old fav of mine pre-keto) to the dry roasted.

How did they taste? Could you taste any of the listed items? That seems to be a labeling mistake to me…

(Susan) #5

This is an excellent reminder of the importance of us reading the labels on the products! =).

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #6

I don’t eat them or snack… I buy them for my kids to snack on, and I don’t think they will care :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #7

I have always bought a lot of the generic name brands over the years on many items (we have to have Heinz Ketchup, Hellman’s Mayonnaise, and a few other things they care about having the name brand) but for sure I would have just got the Great Value and not ever thought twice about reading the labels.

I have tricked myself a few times, assuming that a familiar product would have just simple ingredients I would have thought it to have. Now I ALWAYS read the ingredients :joy:

Just the other day, I cursed a known brand of kajmak (Balkan condiment made from cream and salt, wonderful stuff) - I read the label and the ingredients are cream, corn starch, maltodextrin and salt :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: I will no longer assume, common sense doesn’t apply anymore :frowning: