Not Able to Eat Much

(mole person) #21

https://www.nutrition.org.uk/nutritionscience/nutrients-food-and-ingredients/protein.html?start=2

(Failed) #22

Does the protein requirement vary depending on the type of diet? For many years, until just recently when I went keto, I ate a garbage diet. No leafy greens, not many veggies, or meats.

My typical day would start with oatmeal or oatmeal cookies and popcorn. Later I might have pickles and potato chips with possibly a hot dog.

Most days, unless I made a huge effort, I ate no protein at all.

(Susan) #23

Wow, Dee! Your body must be loving you now! Now you are giving it such healthy real foods =).

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #24

The things we learn!

“The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for both men and women is 0.80 g of good quality protein/kg body weight/d, and is based on careful analyses of available nitrogen balance studies.”—Dietary Reference Intakes, Institute of Medicine, Food and Nutrition Board (2002/2005).

The estimate by Rand et al. in Meta-analysis of nitrogen balance studies for estimating protein requirements in healthy adults (2003), is similar: 0.83 g/kg/day. Some rapid calculation suggests that 0.83 g/kg ≈ 1.0 g/kg LBM.

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #25

I’ve read about people continuing to have their skin tighten even years after weight loss. I hope it’s true, as that means you can stimulate autophagy at any time.

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #26

I’ve read a bunch of the Diet Doctor success stores, and it seems like it’s often the case that skin tightening mostly happens after weight loss. Check out this guy’s story for some inspiration on weight loss and autophagy.