NOOM commercial cracks me up

(Scott) #1

It looks like it is an app based game that counts calories as you play. I guess it gives positive feedback. Anyway the commercial I see daily during the morning news. A woman explains “I tried everything, I even gave up pasta and bread…for a day.”

(April Harkness) #2

For a day…lol. They market it for milennials right? What do we older people know… aah…we know to give up bread and pasta FOREVER!!!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #3

A pillar of strength there…Such willpower makes us look bad! :joy::joy::grin::cowboy_hat_face:

Beyond their nutrition info database and tracking functions, Noom is actually a health coaching app for a variety of dietary paths - including keto. Aimed at non-IR millenials of course - I believe it rolled out in Europe long before the U.S.

I think the brainiac founders (a Korean fellow and Ukranian fellow) have a good vision for their customers. I suppose people using the app get access to discover more resources on LCHF/keto - and support to “try it” if that’s what they want. Don’t know how it would compare to Martina Slajerova’s keto diet app - hers doesn’t have personalized coaching to my knowledge (but it might be an add on?).

Noom has no medical case management, it’s a much much less specialized app than what Virta provides its IR & diabetic clients - they’re aiming to engage people before they become IR I think.