Non-Scale Victories

(Richard Morris) #1

Originally published at: https://obesitycodepodcast.com/{0eb281111a263d82d3fea6fde634cdebe92eb16973b39eb5d07b6c86ca51e6ba}postname{0eb281111a263d82d3fea6fde634cdebe92eb16973b39eb5d07b6c86ca51e6ba}/

Published: Nov 1, 2017

Powered by Podetize
This week, IDM patient Kim Demarest shares her non-scale victories. We focus on benefits of fasting and lowering insulin other than purely weight loss. At the same time, Professor Tim Noakes and Dr. Aseem Malhotra talk about her struggles: trying to exercise your way out of a bad diet, and the ghost of high cholesterol. Dr. Jason Fung talks about her non-scale victories including increased mental acuity and increased body heat.

Links:

STUDY: Changes in Energy Expenditure Resulting from Altered Body Weight

BOOK: Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption

Professor Tim Noakes

BLOG: Zoe Harcombe. Why we can’t outrun a bad diet

Dr. Aseem Malhotra

RESEARCH: Lack of an association or an inverse association between low-density-lipoprotein cholesterol and mortality in the elderly: a systematic review 

(Jamie Hayes) #2

I think that The Obesity Code is one of the best produced podcasts - ever!

(Richard Morris) #3

Thanks Jamie … we calculate that we’re probably putting about 6x the time into an Obesity Code podcast episode that we do for a 2 Keto Dudes episode.

(Damon Chance) #4

Other than doing it because its awesome, are you seeing any other ROI on that time? Increased listens, reviews, etc?

I’m so glad you guys are producing this because it’s good stuff. I am a big fan of the TED radio hour type formatting anyway, and I think that polished structure is perfect for this content. Well done, fellas!

(Richard Morris) #6

The Obesity code has about half the monthly downloads of 2 Keto Dudes … but I expect it will overtake in a month or so.

As for reviews, people overwhelmingly love both shows.

I think the only review lower than a 4 is this one

https://mypodcastreviews.com/app/podcasts/personal_review?review_id=405467&token=fdcaddcef7e0895c10f0c3f32d3562af

Apparently he didn’t like the Obesity Code pilot

(Damon Chance) #7

Yeah thats really fast adoption, a few weeks in and half the downloads of the podcast with >90 shows in the catalog. Granted they get the full benefit of everyone listening to your show hearing it and plus their own Audience from their gig with Jimmy.

Great work from you guys and we definitely appreciate the extra effort. I just became a patron tonight because I realized I spend hours a week listening and it was time I gave back.

(Richard Morris) #8

Thanks Damon for the patronage :slight_smile:

I love the conversational style for 2KD----hope you always keep that. :slight_smile:

(Karen) #10

Would be interested in keto and older women. I am trying to get weight off an arthritic foot and would like to hear how older women do with keto. I suspect men are generically programmed to respond well to keto. There is a younger gal on YouTube, also published, that addresses some female issues. Not sure if her ideas are sound. Would love to see more work on this.

(David K) #11

Different strokes, etc… I have sat through the first three episodes and it’s just not my cup of tea. (I am not the reviewer linked above) The podcast comes off like an infomercial to me. Whereas, I’m more of an edutainment kind of person.

I am glad that most people like it and wish it continued success. Whatever it takes to get the message out.