Non monetary cost benefit analysis of carnivore

(Erin Macfarland ) #21

@Tmdlkwd I tried downloading it but you need a kindle unlimited membership to get it for free :confused:

(traci simpson) #22

Not all vegetables are created equal and I tend to eat my favorites!

(Chris) #23

My digestion and skin issues completely going away are enough to keep me on this indefinitely. The mental clarity, focus, alertness/energy, blood pressure, heart rate and athletic performance improvements are just icing on the meat cake.

(Kirk Wolak) #24

This is going to be incredibly difficult. Time changes everything.
The Vegans start out doing better, but at the 4-5 year mark, most have to stop because of health issues.

Could I find a major problem being carnivore in 4-5 years? Sure. What? Who knows?

Am I against taking some seaweed in to fix any problems? Not at all…

But the health risks of eating plants FOR SOME percentage of the population is not worth it.
For others, it could be the ROUNDUP effect + small allergies together. The GMO level.
The quantity of food consumed! Keep in mind that when my Russian friends come to the states, it takes them about 2-3 weeks of eating here before they can finish a Whopper themselves. They are blown away by the VOLUME of food we consume in a single meal (and every meal).

I take vitamins. In fact, one of the programs PKD (Paleo Medicina Paleo Ketogenic Diet) calls for ONLY meat products (and maybe sweet potato) With NO Vitamins, NO Coffee, No PEPPER, etc.
But they are treating real diseases.

I am all for eating whatever fuels you best and helps you be your best. And if that is a lack of vege, like it is for me, then that’s fine. I have proof I am better off!

Good question, sorry for misunderstanding!

(Karim Wassef) #25

Coffee… that’s a plant and definitely a pharmaceutical … not food. :smiley:

I do indulge in that drug.

(Troy) #26

Oops :grimacing:
Sorry about that @Emacfarland
Yeah, I just looked.
Free yesterday, I downloaded
Now today, like you said, kindle unlimited needed ( I do not have a membership as well ).

(Erin Macfarland ) #27

@Dread1840 haha meat cake!!! Mmmm, I’d eat that :joy: I think I like the idea of eating only animal foods, and certainly if my health depended on it I’d do it. But I struggle with giving up plant foods indefinitely. I guess that’s why I asked this question- is it worth the supposed benefits of strict carnivore when plant foods aren’t really problematic?

(Chris) #28

Well, when I eat plant foods, even being careful of fodmap and gluten, nightshades, etc., all those benefits I listed go away. To me that’s priceless (both non-monetarily and monetarily).

(Erin Macfarland ) #29

Absolutely. I just have a hard time strong arming myself when I don’t really seem to have issues…I try and avoid dairy even though I love it…but it makes me break out. Not worth it, but believe me if I could wolf down Brie and follow it with a chaser of heavy cream I would! :laughing:

(Donna) #30

For purely social reasons…the social environment for your husband and children…If your digestion allows them…I see no reason to obliterate them from your Keto diet 100%. You are obviously a fidèle follower of Keto protocol!

(Erin Macfarland ) #31

@ketotonic my kids are pretty used to me eating a lot of meat…but I’m not in possession of a husband- just an ex husband :wink::grin:

(Donna) #32

Fortunate, brave you. I am currently ‘in the process’…as continuing ‘on’ with our linking has proved impossible and unsurmountable…leading, alas… to a ‘relapse’ (I remember your generous contributions and wisdom on the now-defunct “Love Fat” Slack group. Keto, for me…is a safety WOL that ‘honours’ my own person and my own digestion. Kudos to you. You are a bonafide ‘hero’ in my eyes.

(Milton Alvis, MD) #33

No one knows (though vegans always end up B12, cyanocobalamin molecule, deficient over time) partially because the medical pseudoscience industry has so long been monetarily biased against high fat, especially saturated fats, low carb, especially No Carb (very healthy) food choices, especially long term.

A great deal of medicine has long been (and remains) highly biased, corrupted by outside monetary issues, including the money accumulators (they call themselves insurance; yes - of themselves, not the foolish rate-payers) who only pay for labels (called a diagnosis) and partial treatments for symptoms of complications of advanced disease, NEVER health: http://goo.gl/Blh6rW, along with corruption in how medical “research” is selectively funded.

So sad for us all here in this kindergarten for our Souls; Practice Heaven, Practice Hell…

Having extensive hands on engineering background and being aware of much of the extreme, expensive nonsense within the medical disease industry was precisely why I ended up deciding to become a physician (despite high odds against my being accepted into any US medical school, though was & excelled while also staying very suspicious) despite my father (a physician of exceptional caring, quality, basic principle focus & increasing effectiveness over time) explaining to me, age 6, that I should become a world class engineer but never consider becoming a physician, as he had, because of lousy outcomes, especially long-term, despite lots of time, expense and supposedly high-tech (actually Low-Tech) strategies being implemented.

Though I did know about it at the time, Ancel Keys http://goo.gl/DKvdSI, two years after my father’s discussion, made the medical industry far worse, followed, in 1977, by Senator George McGovern http://goo.gl/mpd4Y6, promoting the upside down food pyramid.

My father’s prediction about sending people to the moon (justification for his advice that I should become a world class engineer) did come true 18 years after the discussion he initiated about my best future choices.

(Erin Macfarland ) #34

@ketotonic wow you have a great memory! I did indeed find my way back to keto, and using what I learned after going through a lot personally and physically over the last 5 years I feel like I’ve found a good balance for myself. I’m happy to hear you’re finding your own path and are still here and part of this amazing community!

I am currently eating primarily meat… and if I find myself craving vegetables then I will eat them.

I am trusting my food instincts on keto far more than before. A dietitian suggested carnivore to me because of suspected lectin sensitivities causing pain. Pain went away when the vegetables did.

It’s working for me at the moment so I am not overthinking it. My weight is stable now which is what I want for awhile, no pain. Suits me. :slight_smile:

(charlie3) #36

Animal based food is the best eating. Carnnivore also saves me time and money so preferable to keto but a big dinner salad is necessary for hunger control.

(Norma Laming) #37

My ancestors came from all over the place. I think it depends on the particular characteristics that a person has inherited.