No Weight Loss

(Arlene) #141

I wholeheartedly agree with this. There are just so many variables between people. Even age and gender play a role. Please be patient with your self research. This process of uncovering your weight loss “magic” is challenging, at best. This keto forum is a wealth of knowledge to help you along, or just to encourage you when you think things just aren’t working. Keep reading. Keep experimenting. Something might work for a while and then stop working. Re-think again, and keep experimenting. Never give up!

(Jen Andrew) #142

Same here, not losing, and if I eat “to satiety” I do gain weight, so I have been stuck slowly gaining weight till I get mad and restrict calories to 1200 cal just to stop gaining.

(What The Fast?!) #143

Have you tried doing intermittent fasting and only eating 1-2x a day? That’s been helping me.

(Dustin Cade) #144

My lady has been Keto with me since day one, she has been militant on tracking her food, trying removing things from her diet, putting them back, removing other things, she has lost 25lbs since we started (September 12th 2016) she has not lost or gained anything since January, she hovers right around the same weight w/in about 5lbs… I have not tracked anything, eat till I’m not hungry, I am able to fast for 72hrs at a time… I’m losing and progressing while she is not…

I feel where you are coming from, like I tell her, patience… she gets frustrated and upset, though she sticks to it…

(G. Andrew Duthie) #145

Important to remember that losing weight and making progress are not always one and the same. You can have the latter without the former.

(Dustin Cade) #146

I this may very well be the case, though she gets frustrated, is not seeing a difference in the fit of her clothes or the scale… I see her keeping track of everything, I almost wonder if she stresses over everything enough if that is the linchpin holding her back from seeing “feeling” the results she is stressing over…

I think about this daily, she is a trooper, where most would have given up, she has stuck by me through all of this, she sees the changes in me and not her self, and continues ahead to support me… I’m on this forum daily, as well as other various places looking to find those who find the missing piece of her puzzle…

(Retta Stephenson) #147

@Bahrutile
“she has been militant on tracking her food”…
I’ve found that a lot of us, in order to try to get a handle on all this, think that being meticulous about tracking is the key to control. And for some, it is. Yet I also discovered that sometimes that makes it harder to be flexible, and change things up like Megan Ramos recently suggested on a podcast.

Been trying to remember which podcast, but here are two, in case you (or your Lady) haven’t heard them:

http://www.fastingtalk.com/20-problem-with-one-meal-a-day-nursing-marathon-true-hunger-pain-relief-black-coffee/

(Tiffany Jonas) #148

I’m there with you, @Jen_Andrew!

(Rob) #149

I agree with you. From reading different sources, too much or not enough of something. I should be in Ketosis, but stalled. I did better on just a simple low carb, low fat diet and lost more, faster.

Ha! Times change and so does my eating patterns. I’d like to take a moment to apologize for this question… We all keto differently at different times.

(Dave Smith) #151

If you are gaining weight and eating a lot of fat with no or very little carbs, I believe it is possible that you are eating so much fat that your body has plenty of dietary fat and is not having to go to your stored fat. And yes if you find yourself not very hungry after long periods of not eating, you are on your way to fat-adaptation. Woo-hoo!

(I’m down 40 pounds and need about 30 more before I hit my target)

-Dave

(Dave Smith) #152

I’ve had pretty awesome results restricting my eating window from about noon to 6pm and trying to not snack in between. Difficult to do if you are not fat adapted though. Have you tried that route? And you are sure you are not accidentally sneaking in too many nuts or potatoes or something like that that seems low carb but may not be?

(5c42cb62e5c022d313b2) #153

I’m a bit of a newbie and it’s tough switching to keto. I have been fearing fat for sooooo long that I was timid about eating it. Then after two months I was so afraid of carbs and knocking myself out of ketosis. Now after 3 months i’m feeling FINALLY fat adapted and I’m OK throwing in more veggies, even the occasional bit ofcorn, bean, or carrot. Flipping you mindset is very hard. I am spending less brain power now at 3 months but it was so hard at first.

K

(5c42cb62e5c022d313b2) #154

Losing slowly allows your skin to catch up.

(5c42cb62e5c022d313b2) #155

Sun dried tomato’s are a good source. Watch the carbs though

(Becky Qualls) #156

VERY HELPFUL!! Thank you!!