No weight Loss in 2nd weeks of keto? Any advise appreciated!

(Jade) #1

I lost 4lb on my first week of keto, I am on day 5 of second week and and still no loss. I have been weighing myself daily mainly to ensure I’m staying on track as I have no help with this I am just following websites and been viewing advice on here.

Below is based on not working out but I walk 20/30minutes most days.

To give you an idea about my typical day:

I start with 2 eggs with either/or 1/4 avocado spinach, sometimes mushrooms or tomatoes (about 20g) with one of the following meats: 20g chorizo, 2x bacon medallions/bacon rasher, 2x low carb sausage (under 1g carb per sausage).

Lunches I am having leftovers from dinner but smaller portions (usually a bit less meat at around 150g and about 50g -70g veg usually consisting of 200g of: chicken, beef, pork loin, tuna, salmon, cod. Veggies I am eating mainly spinach, courgettes, salads of baby gem with cucumber and tomato, mushrooms, red/green/yellow peppers, aubergine, white cabbage. (I’ve had small amounts of carrots once a week).

With dinner I usually include a dairy such as creamy sauce with double cream (2/3 tables spoons) or cheddar/mozzarella cheese 30/40g. I cook with olive oil or butter. Veggies I probably have around 100/150g at dinner to fill me up. (I have a large hand full of 2 small hand full of salad or spinach with each meal) And 200g meat.

Snacks I have depending on protein /dairy content for the day I have:

• Chicken drumsticks
  • Peppers/celery
  • Nuts (5 Brazil nuts, 10 pecans, 9 almonds) if I’m really craving sweet/chocolate then I have 10g 90% lindt chocolate with the nuts (1square)
  • Occasionally hot dog sausages (under 1g per sausage)
  • mozzarella pieces/cheddar pieces,30g
  • table spoon peanut butter (no sugar/whole earth or meridian).
  • boiled eggs
  • 2/3 table spoons of full fat greek yoghurt

In the evening when i really crave sweet treats I either have the nuts and chocolate as the snacks above. Or 4-5 strawberries depending on size with cream, or sugar free jelly (Hartley’s) a palm size about with cream, or some avocado/cream/cacao mousse I’ve made, i only have this if im still hungry or have bad cravings.

I also a few days ago made these keto brownies:

I made a third of the recommended within the recipe then divided into 4 so they are very small portions as an evening alternative to Jelly.

Also occasionally a decaf coffee with unsweetened almond milk (twice a week) otherwise I drink a tonne of water only.

I didn’t track my calories the first week (only the carbs to be under 20g I think a couple of days I was 2g over this) and the last few days I’m worried I haven’t lost anything yet i started tracking my calories yesterday and am around 1400-1500ish calories.

I drink about 3 litres of water a day.

I seem to have been in ketosis since my 4th (trace/small ketones on urine test) day I am now on day 12.

Sorry for the essay I wanted to get it all in!

Maybe I am over worrying that I havent lost this week yet - but I thought I would atleast loose 1-2lb considering ive had no sugar or carbs in 12 days?

Am i going wrong somewhere? Are my portion sizes too big? I worry I am not getting enough fat in but try to with the eggs avocado butter and olive oil. I have ordered coconut oil to try and cook with that too.

Any help or advise is appreciated as I am doing this alone following what I can online! Thank you!

(Mary Jo Koplos) #2

I recently listened to this podcast and she makes some excellent points about when the weight won’t budge. Although it is about fasting, the advice can be extrapolated to those who are just doing Keto as well. Worth a listen and it might change your perspective a bit.

You have barely just begun. 12 days is a drop of water in the ocean. The first week is mostly water weightloss. Just keep the course.

(Chris) #4

Wait longer.

(cheryl) #5

I think it made have taken me months to get fat adapted, but I admire your attention to detail. Just try eating when you are hungry , add butter to stuff and keep your carbs under 20g. I think you will succeed.

(Jane) #6

First of all - you are doing fine! Quit stressing over your weight and keep your carbs under 20 and know that a lot of stuff is happening on the inside as your body transitions from burning sugar to burning ketones.

How much are you trying to lose?

After you become fat-adapted (6-8 weeks typically) you can venture into other tools such as intermittent fasting where you cut out all the snacking and one meal so you only eat 2 meals in a 4-6 hour window. That may sound impossible now, but as you become fat-adapted your cravings and hunger will diminish greatly.

If you REALLY stall out you can tweak your diet but a true stall is no weight loss for 4 weeks.

(Dee Scott) #7

Don’t worry about the scales watch your body it will change. Take a tape measure and measure and watch the fat melt away. It takes your body time to adjust from carbs to fat. They say the first week is water weight. I am watching my legs where I had cellulite disappear. My stomach getting flatter! Take pics so you can compare.

Hello fellow beginner! Reading your list of daily foods, it’s clear to me that you and I have done a very different diet.

I’m not sure on the rules here, but I’d like to share the webpage that I’ve been using. It has a two week free meal plan.

It really worked for me, in the short term, obviously.

I am extremely resistant to diets. I weigh 225 lbs starting out. I don’t lose weight easily on diets as I have to take them very slow. I have hypoglycemia that makes me very afraid to ever let myself get hungry. The hypoglycemia triggers migraines. In short, I’m a mess, metabolism wise.

The way I was eating last week was rather different than the way you’ve been eating. It’s really impressive - I’m not hungry. Like, sometimes during my old snacking times, I have a little craving, and I think I’m going to go eat some cheese or something, and then I get distracted and I don’t end up eating again until my next meal time. That NEVER HAPPENS to me. My cravings used to be so bad, I joined a 12 step group to stop me from binge eating.

I didn’t weigh or measure anything. I just ate the flipping meal plan. And I added some of that coconut butter oil decaf coffee stuff if I got hungry. (“bullet proof?” Anywho…) But I really didn’t get hungry much. No snacking. And no white knuckling though.

I’m in this forum in part because I know that I can’t just follow other people’s meal plans forever.

The web page is dietdoctor dot com. It is a pay-for site, but the two week intro is free. (I trust the mods will remove if it’s not kosher to share other sites.)

(Tesha) #9

Stay the course, get enough salt and electrolytes. It took me three months to fully transition. If you are still having issues after a month, check out Dr. Jay Wrigley on Twitter: @ketodocCLT
You may need address hormone levels.

(Thurston ) #10

Just stay the course. One day you’ll hop on the scale and be down 3 lbs and you’ll wonder how that happened. This journey isn’t all straight lines, it’s full of peaks and valleys and sometimes plateaus.