No Small Miracle

(Marianne) #1

I ordered five yards of mulch to put in all our outside beds. Never had ordered bulk before so wasn’t exactly certain how much was in a yard (Note: it’s a lot!). My husband and I moved that one wheelbarrow at a time for four straight hours without a break and got it all down. He managed the worst part (moving and spreading it), but I filled up the large wheelbarrow continuously for that whole time. Lots of bending and back work, and got my heart pumping. It was exhausting but a good kind of exertion and sore.

I had eaten a hard boiled egg with my coffee that morning, but then didn’t have anything to eat until our normal dinner. I wasn’t hungry at all. A year ago, there is no way I could have done any of this. At that time, I couldn’t even put on my socks without sitting down. I was obese then, completely sedentary and out of shape, and depressed. All I did for over twelve years since the last time I was thin was eat, go to work, come home, sleep and watch tv.

What a blessing keto has been. I still love every single meal (OMAD, usually). In that whole time, I have not had trouble staying on plan and have only strayed once at a wedding. I feel so healthy and fit now. I am motivated to tackle things that would have just been on my “wish list” before. I feel happier than I have in a very long time. This community has been a great resource to me.

(Allie) #2

Fantastic achievement, well done :grinning:

That’s a real win! Sounds like a LOT of work!

My husband put out mulch for me this spring since I’ve been out doing a lot of gardening. Like you, I feel SO much better on Keto. At 57 I feel better than I did in my 20’s.

Keep up the good diet and enjoy life more!

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #4

That’s a real win!

(Polly) #5

@gingersmommy

I’m impressed!

(Marianne) #6

Thank you!

It was a real bbitch, but it felt great! :rofl: What a blessing!

Me thinks this is the first and last time we will do this!

(Susan) #7

That is fantastic, Marianne – Keto is a major blessing =).

I totally agree with this as well; and it has been for me as well.

(Marianne) #8

Thanks, Susan!

:hugs: