No pain after beginning exercise again!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #1

I was always athletic but over the years stopped exercising because I have a physically laborious job and used it as an excuse.

A year ago I bought a gym membership and started walking and weight lifting again. I was sick within a week (flu like symptoms, got a cold sore, so run down). Tried again three weeks later, same thing. I gave up but kept the gym membership.

Yesterday I went back and walked for 40 min on an incline, got my HR up and did some easy weight bearing stuff. I was SURE I would be stiff and painful this morning (like usual) and it would be days before I could work out again. I cannot believe I woke up without ANY pain or inflammation.

I assume this is a keto benefit? I’m on Day 7, peeing ketones on day three but still have an AM fasting glucose of 115-120. Anyway, thanks for being here, it’s a great forum! I’m just so excited and wanted to share.

(Candy Lind) #2

Keto does incredible things to reduce inflammation! KCKO.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #3

But don’t be surprised if you have some pain tomorrow. I tend to have any sore muscles the second day after. But definitely less than pre-keto.

I played soccer with friends Monday and Tuesday they kept asking if I was sore. But with language confusion I kept thinking they were asking if I hurt my foot. I was so confused! Why is everyone asking me that! I didn’t get injured! Sure, I’m one of the oldest people out there, and a non-sporty girl… but still! Nope. They were asking because they were all sore, and use the word “foot” colloquially for “leg.”

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Thanks for the replies!

I went again this morning but just walked to work out my kinks (very mild soreness in my hips) and skipped the weights. I’ve never been a weight lifting gal, really, but recall reading I should not do the same parts two days in a row so I’m resting today.

(Alex Dyke) #5

I’ve seen the same benefits… over the last 3 months or so I’ve gone from 30 mins to 90 mins per day cardio. I don’t suffer from any stiffness, my knee and ankle pain from previous injuries haven’t been an issue either

I think the reduction in carb intake has reduced inflammation and allowed my body to cope much better with activity

Another benefit is my resting and recovery heart rate have improved

Once I’ve hit my target loss, my plan is to add more resistance training back in to develop my lean body mass

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #6

The same thing has happened to me. I have only been doing keto 10 days but I have worked out twice(first time in a month). No soreness and I felt like I could keep on going, like I had endless energy.

I am guessing it is a benefit of keto.