No More Shame

(Andy Hanson) #1

For years I tried my best to follow the so-called healthy diet, and for years I kept getting fatter and sicker. I always blamed myself. Why didn’t I have enough willpower? Why did I go days doing well then fall off the wagon spectacularly when my body was screaming for me to feed it constantly? I must have been a failure. I beat myself up constantly for failing myself, my wife, and my children. I felt particularly wicked because I was depriving my very active children, who I adore and who wanted me to play with them, of an active father who could throw the ball and run around the yard with them.

Now, that shame is gone. It wasn’t a failure of my willpower. It wasn’t a character flaw. It wasn’t my selfishness to gorge myself. It was that I was trying to eat in an unnatural way. My body rejected high carb low fat and screamed out for real nutrition.

So glad to have this burden of guilt and shame lifted from my shoulders. Thankful for this community, and thankful for those lone voices in the wilderness who had the courage to speak out against the consensus opinion.

(Bacon for the Win) #2

it;s so freeing to know the truth!

Yay. Keto on. x