No more mindless eating

(Jo) #1

So I have a bag of moon cheese on my desk. Normally, pre Keto and even in the first weeks, once I opened the bag I would not stop until I finished it, hunger or no. I know moon cheese is keto friendly but it is the mindlessness of stuffing your mouth with a snack that I am getting at.

Today I had fasted since 4 pm the day before, intending to break my fast at about 11:30-noon. I had a bag of mooncheese, I opened it at 11:30 and ate 12 pieces, there’s at least 3 times as much still in the bag, I had no desire whatsoever to keep eating it. Then after about 45 minutes I went to lunch. Now after lunch it is still sitting on my desk, untouched.

This is my favorite non-scale victory. No cravings! One of our favorite summer activities use to be is to put the top down on the car, drive around, find an new ice cream shop. There are a lot of them!. However, nearly a year in and no ice cream cravings and no ice cream stops. We still drive around but skip the ice cream. I alerted last weekend with a diet A&W. Looking forward to the ice cream social at ketofest.

(Raj Seth) #3

:+1:

This really is a great NSV. I haven’t touched an ice cream cone this season, and I have had plenty of opportunities! It’s amazing how many calories I downed at night during an ice cream, cookie or chips binge, or the way too frequent pieces of birthday cake. Been through 4 close family members birthdays, one college graduation and a trip to Disney with grandkids and haven’t caved once. Not because I’m so marvelous, but because I feel so good and don’t want to mess up the magic scale. And, I love being happy. And I have many unhappy situations in my life that are nowhere near being resolved.Happiness is very underrated. It really does a body good.