No more eggs!

(Laura) #21

I became sick of eating the same stuff fir breakfast too. I started using ketochow, which is a shake. You add 1/2 cup heavy cream and 14 oz water to one scoop of the mix. I blend and let sit overnight in the fridge. I find it delicious and filling and a welcome change. I buy it from Amazon.

Ironically, my favorite flavor is eggnog. Lol.

(Becky) #22

I know it’s not everybody’s idea of a good thing, but sometimes I want cereal lol so this is what I have with almond milk, I have the espresso one and it’s 2 carbs. It isn’t an every day thing, just on occasion…:roll_eyes:

Maybe try a search for Keto granola, Keto Connect on YouTube has a pretty popular recipe they eat like a cereal…

We had a similar idea :blush:

(Becky) #25

@BeStill

Great minds think alike!!! Or keto alike lol

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #26

Sliced pork belly is always a favorite.

Edit: just read that meat in the morning upsets some part of your system. Apologies.

(Katie) #27

Try eggs scrambled with a 1/4 cup diced tomatoes (2 grams of carbs) and feta cheese. My favorite

Most mornings I have a bowl of natural greek yoghurt and I add almonds, desiccated coconut, sunflower seeds, pepitas and walnuts, and sometimes a few berries. It’s become a staple for me.

You can even add chia seeds to your yoghurt the night before and it thickens up like a pudding.

(Joey) #29

That ProGranola looked interesting so I tried to learn a little more…

The second ingredient listed is Tapioca Fiber. Tapioca itself is a heavy duty starch - extremely high in carbohydrates. So if the gross carbs are that high (14 grams/serving), it’s unclear to me whether adding a fiber (12 grams/serving) can really “offset” the gross carbs such that it’s going to have the same metabolic results as simply eating 2 grams of carbs.

In other words, it’s unclear how one’s insulin level might respond - especially if that fiber isn’t really “binding up” the carbs. E.g., if the fiber and the carbs are coming from different ingredients, putting them all in the same bowl doesn’t make the carbs “go away” in terms of glucose and insulin reactions.

Question: Have you tested your glucose shortly after eating a bowl of ProGranola? If so, I’d be really curious as to what, if anything, you detect as your body’s response.

I would definitely vote for making one’s own Keto granola if possible, just easier to keep track of what’s in it…I had a serious reaction when I tried TwoGood yogurt, it was the “tiny” (assuming due to the low carb count) amount of tapioca starch in it…apparently those of us with latex allergies should avoid all tapioca/cassava products.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #31

You are absolutely correct! Adding 10 grams of fibre to offset 12 grams of very real and soon to be glucose carbs is a stunt. What you actually have is 22 grams total carbs, 10 grams fibre and 12 net carbs. Read the label carefully!

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #32

In Europe and Australia, net carbs is total carbs, not total - fibre.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #33

Julian Bakery, Inc.
624 Garrison St.
Oceanside, CA 92054

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #34

I used to make my own granola using coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, ground linseed, coconut oil and and an egg. It was delicious, and I used to have three tablespoons of it every morning with four slices of avocado (which I kept in the freezer).

400g coconut flakes
250g sunflower seeds
100g pumpkin seeds
Sweetener to taste (or not!)
100g ground linseeds
100g coconut oil
1 egg
50g coconut flour

Whizz the last four ingredients in a mini food processor and massage it in with the other ingredients. Bake at a moderate temperature for half an hour, stirring every 8-10 minutes. Leave to cool, stirring every now and again.

WARNING!
Trouble was, I’d make a huge batch and then have several tubs of it sitting in the larder. Guess what I would reach for when I was tired/upset/angry/bored/lonely? I could eat a whole tub of that stuff! It would screw up my blood sugar and digestive system for days when eaten in binge-y quantities like that!

Now I’m further in to my keto journey than I was then I find I don’t get eaty* in this way any more. But I’m afraid I don’t risk making granola any more…!

My breakfast is these days, I’m afraid, scrambled eggs!

*eaty = hungry when not hungry

(Edited due to omitting an ingredient in the recipe)

(Natasha) #35

How about adding some finely sliced almonds? Either toasted or not… that would add some crunch to the yogurt.

This sounds yummy!

What do you think of this?

TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Texture is perfect, taste is pretty descent. Obviously doesn’t taste as good as the sugar loaded stuff. But that goes for “real” healthy cereal as well.

Ah that looks perfect but unfortunately I can’t get it here.

(bulkbiker) #40

But its interesting that pre keto you would have had either cereal or toast… 2 things only… whereas your keto list contains far more variety yet you say you are bored…
Just an observation…

Edit to add its 4 years since i had breakfast in the morning…