No More Anti-Depressants or Anxiety Meds

(Pam ) #1

As of today I have successfully weaned off all my anti-depressant and anxiety meds. I started keto 2 months ago today and have felt so wonderful and am so glad that feeling has continued as I’ve weaned off the meds.

As another NSV - I took my measurements today and am down 30 inches in 2 months. I can’t believe it.

Thanks for letting me share.

Well done Pam - thanks for sharing :smile:

(Tom Seest) #3

That’s wonderful news. Congratulations…

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #4

Pam, I quit mine a month ago (three months in). I haven’t mentioned it because I’m completely prepared to hop back on if needed but my head feels healthier than any time I can remember. Congrats!

(Jennibc) #5

Congratulations! I have been off of them for about 10 and half years now and I will NEVER take another psychotropic drug again. I white knuckled it while I hoped to take off the 120 pounds I put on while using the medication. But sadly, stopping the drugs, I didn’t magically start dropping the pounds. Just over 8 years ago I cut grain out after reading “The Glycemic Load Diet” and within a month my agitation and mood swings were GONE. I’d quit the grain to lose weight but gained good mental health. Over the years I tweaked my diet to continue losing and noted when I cut out seed oils and upped my dietary fat, surprise, my fibromyalgia resolved, so yet another medication I got to taper off of. Then last spring, I quit sugar and poof, my ADD was gone! I am convinced that most of our mental ailments are caused by the 20th century diet.

Most of my life I felt like I was always on the brink, didn’t matter what I did. I had a boyfriend back in my 20s tell me that at times I seemed like a rubber band ready to snap at any moment I was so wound up. There were times I’d absolutely felt unhinged, I never had inner peace. But the last three years (no grain, no seed oils) I’ve felt like a new person. I never lose control. My moods are stable. It’s really nice to be down 102 pounds, but the reason I have been able to stick with this is because of how good I feel.
So keep on keeping on! (every time I fall off the wagon, the agitation creeps back)

Sparkling-You-Rock-Graphic