No foodwaste bone day

(Vic) #1

Hi,

So today we took all the collected bones from the last 3-4weeks out of the freezer and put them in a pressure cooker for bone broth.

I’m in to the nose to tail idea and don’t like to waiste food to begin with. So we collect all leftover bones and cook them down when enough collected.

The cartelage and meatscraps on the bone all get eaten this way, tasty and no waiste. Only the hard bones are not eaten.

I don’t have a fancy recepe for bonebroth, its just meat, water, salt. The way i like it.

It is amazing how little food goes in the garbage sinds I’ve gone full carnivore.

I’m kind of proud of that and wanted to share it :blush:

You know that is something to be proud of for sure. I get that!! Good post!

all the time making great broth for you as that added bonus getting ‘it all’ from your meats!

(Daisy) #3

I so agree, I waste nothing these days. It’s such a difference to my past life!

(Vic) #4

I got a full meal out of it and even some left overs for tomorrow.
Some of the chicken bones were soft enough so i ate them as well.

(Karen) #5

Never thought to freeze the bones till there was enough. Great idea I will now freeze the leftovers. Thank you for the tip x

(UsedToBeT2D) #6

Yea! All that fat and gristle from bones that I used to toss, I bake down to beautiful tallow, and cracklings for me and the beagles. Nothing goes to waste except a completely bare bone.

(Daisy) #7

Haha I have an entire freezer full of bones. And pigs feet and chicken feet and pig ears and turkey necks. My kids genuinely think I’m a witch :joy: