No energy loss but ten ton eyelids in the morning

sleep

(Eureka Bailey) #1

I’ve been doing great on my keto for almost a month now and only in the first week did I notice that I didn’t have much energy but that quickly went away. I have a normal amount of energy now, but every morning, no matter what quality of sleep I got, I can’t seem to open my eyes easily at all. It’s so hard not to just fall back asleep because of it and I end up sleeping in. At first I thought it was just dehydration but when I tried correcting that nothing happened. I still had heavy eyes. I currently have no other symptoms, except for a rash that is almost completely cleared. What’s caused my eyes to feel this way and how do I fix it?

(CharleyD) #2

How’s the sleep hygiene?
Any electronic lights in the room, or is it pitch black at night?
Are you glued to a screen within an hour of sleep?
Have you installed Blue Light filters on your devices? (melatonin production is interrupted if you see blue light after sunset)
Can you get the temp to around 67F or do you wake up sweating? 67 was found to be a temp that most people were able to fall alseep.
Got a ceiling fan? A light breeze can help keep you asleep.
Try not eating at least an hour before bed. Outside of winter I try to not eat after sundown myself.

(Jessica) #3

How’s your sodium? If I’m dragging in the morning, some salt can help me perk up.

Another thing: Keto made my sleep such good, deep sleep, it was like I was finally healing from years of bad sleep/insomnia/babies.

(Eureka Bailey) #4

I’m good on most of those but I could try not eating right before bed and giving myself more time between phone time and bedtime. Thank you for the suggestions.

(Eureka Bailey) #5

I’ll try that. Do you just eat a slice of bacon or something?

(Jessica) #6

I put 1/4-1/2 tsp salt and juice from half a lemon in a glass of water.

(Allan L) #7

How much sleep are you getting? What time are you going to bed?

When I first started keto my body went into repair mode and my sleep requirements went up to about 10 hrs a night.

Once I was mostly fat adapted, around 6-8 weeks, I found my sleep requirements went the exact opposite way and I would wake up at sunrise, this was in June and the sun was coming up at 4.30am! As winter came along I found myself sleeping more again but always waking before the alarm.

Give it time, let your body reset.

(Allie) #8

I cannot recommend this guy’s sleep info enough :slight_smile:

(Eureka Bailey) #9

I get about seven to eight hours a night. And I have funky hours because my husband works night shift. I usually sleep from 4 to 12 ish. It is a fairly new sleep schedule but I wasn’t having problems at the beginning, but I guess it could still be an explanation.