No dairy on keto?

(Susan) #33

What about something like this from Amazon that is dairy free but has a Vanilla flavour?

(Wendy) #34

You know I will ask my mom. She was the goat Milker. She would strain the milk after milking. She should know. I know its alittle different. Its already pasteurized.

(Wendy) #35

Yep happend with my experiences.

(Teb Tengri) #36

Thankfully HWC doesn’t bother me. I’ll chug that or eat spoonfuls of sour cream towards the end of my feeding window if I’m short on calories and not hungry

(Wendy) #37

Lucky! I could chug a carton of HWC but would pay the price that night. Love the stuff. Funny you always Love what you cant have!!!

(Kirk Wolak) #38

Terri,
This is why I wrote this: The Levers of Power (What to Measure, What to Control) to avoid stalling/stalls

I am blown away at Stress (I crashed a live database system recently, and popped 25pts on my glucose)! Cortisol -> Glucose (Flight/Fight) Response! then intense HUNGER!

Yes, dairy can be a problem. As can PORK (Both fat and lean/meat).

Every Body Is different. When in doubt narrow your food choices for a week or so. Although I’ve seen it take 1-2 weeks to properly detox from some stuff…

Good luck and keep us posted!

(Kirk Wolak) #39

Many people have issues with Egg Whites. (My theory is the use of eggs in vaccines, but just a theory).

I am personally allergic to egg whites!

(Allie) #40

@Wendysue1960 have you tried using MCT oil powder or emulsified MCT oil as a coffee creamer?

(Allie) #41

@CaptainKirk you’re not alone in that theory.
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-school-of-greatness/id596047499?i=1000466783176

Skip to this part if you don’t want to listen to it all -

What are the foods we should never eat? (36:16)

(Wendy) #42

I have gotten the Stok fueled unsweetened coffee creamer. It is has mtc oil in it. But also has casen. Which is a dairy. I am always on the look out to find something that be a nice creamer substitute. I will ck Amazon to see what there is for options. Thanks.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #43

To make a coffee ‘creamer’ totally without dairy you’ll have to use MCT oil or powder. Read powder labels very carefully because they all contain some carbs. You could use straight coconut oil if you like the flavour. Coconut cream is an alternative that mixes as easily as dairy cream, but it contains less fat and lots more carbs than dairy. Choose brands carefully because many are sweetened! If you want something more than a mere ‘fat bomb’ you can add non-dairy protein with hydrolized collagen. There are many good brands, but again read labels carefully. Progressive makes an excellent one with zero carbs. For best results, use a blender. Stirring and shaking will only give you an oil slick.

(Wendy) #44

Thank you so much for the suggestion!

(Brett Lollo) #45

My thoughts are that dairy’s purpose is to make calves grow as fast as possible. So there’s that and when it comes to cheese (which doesn’t come into being naturally) the casein protein (potentially inflammatory) is roughly 10 times higher than in milk alone. I cannot lose weight on keto when I keep cheese in my diet. I noticed that eliminating cheese also clears up my lifelong dandruff. So I think there’s definitely something to be gained by avoiding dairy if you can do so without feeling unreasonably deprived.

(Susan) #46

Welcome to our fabulous forum, Brett =).

I agree with you, I am doing Dairy free atm and I might have to keep dairy free forever (well having some rarely but mostly dairy free).

I still have a lot of weight to lose and have been losing very slowly for a bit so I decided to eliminate it for now to see if that helps. I had already only had cheese very occasionally but giving up the HWC is harder (I am doing it but I miss it, hehe).

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #47

:thinking: :roll_eyes: :pleading_face: Like so much else, just propaganda.

(Judith) #48

Hi Wendysue - was it just the lack of weight loss that was the marker for you, or did you have intestinal upsets too?

(Wendy) #49

Would be sitting on the couch at night. Horrible acid reflux! Burnt the heck out of my throat. I have tested my theory. Because I Love HWC!
And Love Cream Cheese! But unfortunately it’s not for me!!:slightly_frowning_face:

(Vic) #50

I do know some get more results when dropping dairy but its an individual thing

I have lost weight with dairy, I dropped the milk in coffee due to the carbs, I dropped the HWC in coffee a month and half after starting this WOE only because I wanted to fully fast 18:6 no cals

But I still have cheese No issues, Although I usually have it to compliment meat not as a stand alone I don’t know if that makes a difrence

If I needed to I would take a lot at it but its not harming anything

The only thing I might have issue with is Artificial sweeteners not sure yet, I tried a keto brownie recipe with swerve this weekend and I did have higher Glucose numbers but I might have had higher carbs overall saturday and sunday this weekend I am usually under 15 net but I was about 22 and 23 for the 2 days

I will have to try another time but dont do that stuff often anyway

(Megan) #51

Have you tried macadamia nut milk? People can tolerate macnuts when they can’t eat tree nuts.

(Wendy) #52

Hi! No I haven’t tried Macadamia nut milk yet. I haven’t seen it available where I live. But I will look for it online. Almond,cashew. Don’t work for me due to nut sensitivity. Thanks for the suggestion!