No appetite after fast

(Danielle Lamey) #1

I did a 42 hr fast and was ravenous hungry. Tried my second fast and ended at 62 hours. Honestly could have gone longer but went for breakfast with my mom. Broke my fast with eggs and bacon. I figured like last time I would want all the food. I have no desire to eat and feel fabulous. Is this normal? I’m not complaining or anything just a general question. Thanks

(Susan) #2

I get full very quickly after doing a Fast as well, Danielle, so I think that is probably pretty common =). Just try to make sure that you eat enough between days you are Fasting so that you feed your body and it doesn’t think that it is in Starvation mode. I am telling you this because that is what happened to me! It caused an over 2 month stall for me, so please try to make sure you eat enough calories on your eating days between your fasting days =).

(Danielle Lamey) #3

Thank you. That’s what I was wondering about.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #4

Don’t fast much other than not eating between supper and breakfast. Some call that IF. When I have upon rare occasion done longer fasts, and I did 14 days once, I didn’t want to eat either. It’s amazing how clean and fresh you feel when there’s nothing in your intestines except a little water! I think that’s a common experience. Soon enough you feel like eating again.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

Very normal. And a good sign. It means you’re becoming deeper fat adapted and your body, instead of sending hunger signals, just eats some more of your body fat. Very very good sign

(Danielle Lamey) #6

That’s awesome, thank you! You made my day :slight_smile: