Night sweats on Carnivore

(Magnus Jensen) #1

Lately I have experienced severe sweating during the night sleeping. Been following “strict” Carnivore (only Ribeye and water) for 30 days now and consume about 1,5 kg of meat per day (OMAD/TMAD).
Is this something to worry about? I guess it is only a sign of my bodys metabolism is working hard, which is not something to worry about?
Anyone else had the same experience going Carnivore?

Tons of protein can do that, meal timing could also have something to do with it as well. Are you working out as well? If not your body is probably struggling to do something with it all.

(Magnus Jensen) #3

I eat a lot of meat to adapt to Carnivore. I had a break from working out but started yesterday again. I am maybe eating too late. I also experienced to get very varm after having lunch (meat).
I am averaging at 250-300 grams per day of protein (fat is about 130 grams).
Maybe alter the ratio towards more fat and less protein? But I have also tried that and it makes me more hungry. I think I will continue with this high amount of protein until my appetite is regulated to normal and then increase the fat and decrease the protein as well as decrease my calories, hopefully naturally.

(Omar) #4

What is your blood glucose

this can heppen during hypoglycemia

(Magnus Jensen) #5

4,5 / 4,9 ish after meals is my blood sugar

(Omar) #6

it looks good

if it is possible to take a reading during the sweating ?

(Magnus Jensen) #7

I will try that

(Elizabeth ) #8

meat sweats is very common in adaptation, I had it myself even coming from very strict keto. It’ll settle down I think mine took about 2 weeks.

(Magnus Jensen) #9

I am reading about rabbit starvation, but given that I also eat fat (the ribeye has a good amount of fat), I am not worried. I also get a crash after meals, but I hope that also is an adaptation thing. I can try to eat less at meals but at the same time I want to keep insulin low and eat until full when I first eat.

You’d start puked up (or the other way) before you pulled off rabbit starvation, mainly, because you’re not a rabbit. No worries there.

(Bunny) #11

May be nothing more than a thermogenic effect of eating protein and adapting or something else unrelated and prior to carnivore?

Can Your Thyroid Gland and Thyroid Hormones Cause Sleep Disorders?

Night sweats are never good. If it were me I would go back to a standard well formulated keto diet and see if it clears up. If it does you can stay keto or try carni again. If it does not then call your doctor and get some blood work done.

The only time I ever had night sweats was when I had cancer so it scares me . . .

(Magnus Jensen) #13

And the sweats are gone. At least decreased. Reduced the amount of protein to fat. Turns out that the Ribeye I eat, only thing I eat, has 9,8 gr of fat and 19 gr protein per 100 grams. What I did was to add some homemade grass-fed lard to my meals and both sluggishness and night sweats and feeling very hot disappeared. My hypothesis is that my body used a lot of energy to digest i.e. 800 grams of ribeye that I usually consume for dinner. Adding fat in the form of lard made me feel more satiated and also contributed as clean energy to help with energy requirements to digest 800 gr of almost raw ribeye. I also gave it 4 hours from my last meal to going to sleep for the night. It might also be contributing to reduced night sweats.