Niacinamide while fasting?

(kevin) #1

Hello. I had read here that Niacinamide makes your insulin levels drop in half while fasting. Has anyone here used this vitamin and if so to what effect? Any thoughts or drawbacks to using this?

Following…I know it reduces cholesterol

(Doug) #3

I take it too, not every day but most - if I get around to it. Last blood test I got had some fairly bad figures for HGL/Triglycerides and LDL numbers - and I realize there may be no real concern on the last one. I read that Niacin seemed to help some people get better numbers, so what the heck…?

(Bella Tricks) #4

How’d you go? I hear great things about it. And I used it to clear my system after I started getting heart palpitations from aspartame :persevere:.
Re fasting though, I read it can create insatiable hunger.

(kevin) #5

I tried it maybe 5 or 8 different times. I didn’t notice insatiable hunger, but I didn’t notice anything else either. I think taking any supplements whilst fasting can make you hungry though. I guess I need to have some way of monitoring insulin levels to know for sure if it is having an effect.

The article I linked to was talking about how mice who fasted every other day vs mice that fasted once a week with Niacin showed the same marked decrease in aging markers.