Newbie to the keto forums

(Steve York) #1

Hey there, I’m a newbie to this forum and just wanted to say hi to everyone. I’m 45 and looking to lose about 115 lbs or so. I’ve been doing strict keto for about 5 weeks now and have lost right at 19 lbs. I’m sure 10 lbs was water weight the first week so I’m wondering if I’m a slow loser or just expecting too much right now even though my clothes are getting looser. I found the 2KDs podcast a couple of weeks ago and have been churning through them (think I’m on episode 65) which is where I learned of this forum. I’m doing 16:8 IF but don’t do it perfectly all the time. Eating lots of bacon and butter and loving it. Looking forward to learning lots from everyone.

(Carpe salata!) #2

Welcome Steve. It’s an interesting journey of exploration of new foods and changing tastes. Sometimes something won’t work for you but some months later it does. So we keep calm and keto on.

Report on your non-scale victories. For me, V8 vegetable juice used to taste disgusting - but it’s sometimes the only thing you can get at a 7/11 that isn’t dripping in carbs.

Anyway I tried it the other day and it was delicious and sweet.

@Steve1171 19 pounds in 5 weeks is a lot, congrats!. But the scale is not the be all end all, taking measurements too is also a good idea, sometimes the scale is an evil bastard XD

@Peter V8 doesn’t knock you out of ketosis? seeing how it’s all juice and no fiber. When I was a kid I used to put the v8 on a cup and heat it to drink it like soup, i was a weird child I know, but now i never though of it as keto friendly, it would be a nice nostalgic treat.

(Carpe salata!) #4

From memory I recall about 10g carbs in the bottle? It was one time in many months I forget if I was in ketosis. Ketosis for me is feeling ok when not eating meals ( on OMAD). I don’t track and I don’t measure. Those are secret weapons I might use if I stall too long.