Newbie to Keto - Day 4 Supplement Recommendation?

(Jen) #1

Hi everyone!

Glad to be here. I’m on day 4 of Keto and finally feeling not so bad after feeling pretty lousy for days 1 - 3. The only real concern I have at this point is deficiencies. I tend to always be low on magnesium (I have twitched for 15 years!) and my potassium comes up low every time I have a blood test.

After four days I feel a change all over my body that feels like the times I’ve been magnesium deficient. I really don’t want to go down that path as it’s pretty ugly so I’m wondering if someone can recommend an electrolyte supplement. I’ve been trying to eat good foods to keep my levels up (and eating lots of salt) but given my history I think it will be unavoidable unless I supplement.

Looking forward to learning lots on this forum.

Thanks!!

(Karen) #2

I know lots of folks use lite salt. Perfect balance of potassium and sodium. There is a keto drink people use during fasting. Brenda has a recipe.

K

(Allie) #3

(Rusty Andres) #4

I use Ultima replenisher brand electrolyte powder. It tastes amazing and there is no carbs, sugar, preservatives, or anything else you wouldn’t want. I just order it from Amazon. I think that would solve your problem.

I also take d3, chromium, omega 3, and nutritional yeast for my b vitamins. It’s more bioavailable than the b complex pills.

(Jen) #5

Thanks for the advice everyone. I thought I might try that recipe but I’m in Canada and I can guarantee I won’t find half of the ingredients (we have way fewer products than the US).

I ended up buying the Ultima off of Amazon and I’m psyched to try it out!!!

Day 5 here I come :o)

(Mike list) #6

I just started Keto as well and I find that Poweraide Zero helps keep everything moving and can help when water just doesn’t do it as far as taste goes. I felt like crap on day 2 the most so I know the feeling well. Stay strong you can do this!

(Allie) #7

Might not be the best idea given the ingredients so if you start to have any problems, you may want to look at ditching it.

(Mike list) #8

Thank you for that heads up! I appreciate everyone’s help!