Newbie Here/ LDL medium question

(ana) #1

Hello everyone!

I’m new and learning so much from this forum.

Well after 6 months of low carb which 3 of those months were Keto I went for a Lab test.

After struggling with weight loss I lost 15 lbs and feeling great.

I am Hypo (Hashimoto’s) my cholesterol has always been within range but on the upper limit. I’ve never been too worried about it. As expected my cholesterol went up, still not worried but I did the LDL-P size test and came back high on LDL-Medium, should it be a concern?

I’m going to my Endocrinologist in a few days and I’m sure he will have something to say about my cholesterol and wanted to hear your input to be ready.

Thank you for taking the time!
ana

TEST JUNE SEPT
Cholesterol------------190-----232
Tryglicerides-----------117------80
HDL---------------------60-------65
HDL Large--------------------6,926
LDL Medium--------------------399 (range 199-397)
LDL Particle Number --------1,682
LDL PATTERN -------------------A
LDL PEAK SIZE ---------------221.7
LDL SMALL ------------------- 199

Do you have the previous results for LDL?

@siobhan will likely have something to say as she is LipidGirl

(ana) #3

Thank you @Daisy I forgot to include LDL

JUNE SEPT
106 ------ 149

Hope this gives a better picture!
Thanks!
ana

(Brad) #4

Looks pretty good KCKO

(ana) #5

Thanks for your input! @Bradeo so new I had to search meaning of KCKO lol! :wink:

I did the Quest Lipid Particle test, and trying to understand the results. I understand that ldl can increase in keto and shouldn’t be a concern, but since my LDL Medium is high should I worry? maybe it is too new for my body and I should give it more time?

According to their Cardio IQ considering Lipoprotein Subfractions I am in Moderate Risk due to LDL Small (199) and High Risk due to Particle Number (1,682)/LDL Medium (399) and HDL Large (6,926)

Also I’m new and this may look too basic for more experienced people, I’m doing research and getting books by Jimmy Moore and Catherine Shanahan, so any further reading you can refer me too would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you!

(Brad) #6

@DaveKeto is the best for analysis of results. CAC (coronary artery calcium) is the best test

(ana) #7

Thanks for the info!

(Dave) #9

IMO these numbers look great. Nice and high HDL, TG under 100 and a strong pattern A.

(ana) #10

@DaveKeto thank you so much for your input! Still learning and reading everything I can :slight_smile: