Newbie here, doing great but

newbies

(Monica) #1

Hi, I’m Monica and I’ve been on a keto diet since February. Initially, my “why” was to lose enough weight. I’ve lost 25 pounds already and feel great. I had pre-diabetes symptoms that were terrible and all that has gone away. I have mental clarity whereas I was so forgetful before. I’m full of energy and my knees are good and my stiffness gone to the point that I’m back to walking/jogging every day. BUT…I have had a history of very high blood pressure to the point that doctors had me on all these meds. I gave up on that a few years ago because I hated all the pill popping. After feeling so great on this diet, I checked my blood pressure just for kicks a month ago. I was thrilled that it was in the normal range! However, when I checked yesterday , it’s a bit high: in the 150/100 range. I’m not understanding why I had such a great rating once and why it’s high now. I’m in ketosis and have been faithful to keeping the carbs low, only with vegetables. Should I be concerned? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

(David) #2

Mine was in the 150/100 sort of levels pre keto. 14lbs weight loss later and I am down to 134/93. Not where I want to be, but I am hoping the trend will continue. Always interested in the experience of seasoned ketonians on this issue.