Newbie and Feeling So Thankful

(Clara Teixeira) #1

I’ve been keto for 13 weeks now and so thankful my co-worker started this crazy keto thing. I watched her suffer through the first couple weeks and then suddenly the pounds melted off her. Soon I wanted to give it a try. I was horribly addicted to sugar and it was starting to show a lot. I was drinking almost a whole carton of International Delight iced coffee a day. I couldn’t last more than 2-3 hrs during the day without a sugar fix. And even though I had been gluten free for 3 yrs it was not helping me aside from the hives and migraines I got from eating gluten. My hubby joined the keto thing with me and we plowed into it together. Day 1 was a nightmare. We were unprepared and feeling hopeless. First two weeks were about the same. Trying to train ourselves to consume enough electrolytes and fats was not easy! My husband was essentially doing atkins because he just couldn’t bring himself to eat that much fat. But 3 months later we have finally got this keto thing sorted out and are feeling great! He has lost 40 lbs and I have lost 23. I now happily drink plain iced coffee with just a drizzle of hwc and a pinch of salt. I don’t even like sweet tasting stuff aside fromna few berries. My parents decided to also jump on the keto train and are losing weight too! One thing that really helped me through the transition was binge-listening to the 2ketodudes podcasts. I’ve listened to them all now and am so thankful for all the info packed into them!
forever thankful,
-Clara

(Ren) #2

You and your husband have made great strides! Keep up the good work and welcome to the forums.

(Clara Teixeira) #3

Forgot to add a photo of the hubby. He is looking great and his mood swings are not as extreme as they used to be. “hangry” doesn’t happen often anymore. The “Team Sugar” shirt is in memory of his co-worker not a betrayal of keto. :smirk:

(carl) #4

Congratulations to you both! Maybe we’ll see you at Ketofest next year?

(Clara Teixeira) #5

I wish! Unfortunately, or fortunately, we have a small farm and travelling is usually not an option.