Newb

(Amanda Crowder) #1

I’ve been reading so much information about the keto lifestyle. I’m so grateful to have been referred to the 2 keto dudes. Started listening to their podcasts this evening and was directed to this site. I finally feel ready to start. Tomorrow is day one!

(Wenchie) #2

welcome, welcome! have a great time here… so many really nice People! :heart_eyes:

Hello! Be sure to swing by regularly with an update on how you’re going. Welcome aboard the Keto train!!

Welcome. x

(Amanda Crowder) #5

Thank you! I’m excited!

(Amanda Crowder) #6

Thank you!

(Amanda Crowder) #7

Thank you Daisy, I can’t wait to see some changes :slight_smile:

(Keto in Katy) #8

Get your electrolytes and have a happy transition to keto.

(Amanda Crowder) #9

Thank you @stacy! Question on electrolytes… Is it ok to drink straight chicken broth for that? I’ve read bouillon cubes are ok, but don’t have any yet. If not ok, what else can I substitute before I get cubes that I might have in my home?

(Keto in Katy) #10

I think so. I didn’t know about supplementing electrolytes when I started keto in 2013 so I don’t have personal experience, but I have seen many good discussions and resources here on the forums about it. Clearly it makes a big difference for a lot of people so you might want to search around for some of those posts.

(Amanda Crowder) #11

I will look around today:-) Thanks again!

(Jessica) #12

Hi, so great you’re joining!

Personally, I wouldn’t go towards bouillon cubes. Most of them will contain MSG, which spikes insulin - contraproductive.

For the beginning I’d highly recommend to be heavy handed with your salt.

(Michelle) #13

Welcome!!! Feel free to search / post when you have a question. Lots of good info on this forum, and easily searchable. I made the CICO mistake when I started, so throw that out the window. I didn’t really pay attention to my electrolytes, but I did try to be heavy handed with the salt (something I never used to do)!

Electrolyte recipe from the master!! Check out this recipe for Ketodde by @Brenda

(Amanda Crowder) #15

I’m not sure what CICO stands for?

CICO = Calories In, Calories Out

(Amanda Crowder) #17

Oh, that makes sense. Thank you!