New year fast

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #1

Started a fast to ring in the new year.

Almost end of day 1. Going to continue for a few days and see how I fare.

Anyone else doing something similar?

(Jenna Ericson) #2

Same!! I’m excited you started this thread!

(KCKO, KCFO) #3

I plan on starting one after dinner tonight, I’m in the USA so it is New Year’s Day here.

I have to have black eyed peas and cabbage today, so I didn’t plan on fasting. My relatives would all be rolling over in their grave if I break the peas and cabbage tradition, yeah, we live below the Mason Dixon Line.

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #4

This forum is no where near as lively as it once was. It’s a shame but I’m glad there are some people around to share journeys with. :star_struck:

(đ૯αท ʍ૯ઽƬѳท) #5

Ok I’ll bite. Being from Australia I have NFI what black eyed peas are other than a music group.

(KCKO, KCFO) #6

You eat them for prosperity in the new year. The peas are for small change, the cabbage for green back dollars. Old Southern saying. I’ll have a small serve, they use to be one of my fav things to eat.
Cooked black eyed peas:
black-eyed-peas%20(1)

We have lentils for that. And fish I guess but that’s not such a big tradition. But fish scales kind of resemble coins so it fits.

Good luck to everyone who plan to fast, I still can’t go beyond 20-24 hours despite I did 48 hour fasts before… So I keep going for OMAD every day.

(Jenna Ericson) #8

What do you think changed that made it so you can’t go longer than 24 hours?

I’m thinking this might be the last time I fast for a while. I’m trying to decide if it’s a case of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results :slight_smile:

(Richard M) #9

I am starting mine Sunday at 6:00 pm. Hoping to make it until Thursday. Had a lot of carbs over Christmas.

(Jenna Ericson) #10

4th macronutrient anyone :cocktail:
just kidding. Feeling bored

(Jenna Ericson) #11

I just decided to make it a fat fast and had some coconut oil. I’ll stop complaining now

I am and it’s great to have fasting buddies. I ate a lot of sweets and carbs over the holidays. I started fasting Friday night at 9pm and am hoping to make it to 5 days. I’m in hour 37 at the moment and feeling great

No idea but probably me eating less carbs and changing inside somehow is the culprit… My fasting and carb intake always had some correlation, fasting is way easier on more carbs for me - if I focus on eating a properly big meal first (way easier with carbs). I need a proper last meal to be able to do a longer fast. That is enough for OMAD but going beyond… I rarely did that to begin with but it gets harder as I lower my carbs. Or something else happened in the last years, who knows?
But I focus on OMAD and maybe one day I can skip a meal.

(Jenna Ericson) #14

That makes sense! You would probably have an extra 18-36 hours worth of fuel stored as glycogen if you ate carbs before a fast.