New to the site/keto, need a little help

conversationstarters
keto
newbies

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

The Search function.

(Stuart Young) #3

That’s similar to me when I first started. I don’t even have Facebook, or any social media really.

I should say, welcome of course. And nothing to be worried about here. There is a ton of information. Only today, the guys here have set up my evening for a research project.

You’ll get a ton of advice, off a ton of great people if you ask for it. And no such thing as a stupid question :wink:

When I started, I just read any thread that grabbed my interest. I would just spend some time just playing around with it. Getting use to the format etc. I find it layed out very well, with useful updates etc.

I am sure you will enjoy your time here :slight_smile:

Welcome, Kelly. As mentioned, just peruse the site and see what peaks your interest. There are a lot of folks who have their own accountability threads, to keep track, get support, tell their stories, providing insight, etc. There are a lot of threads dedicated to all sorts of things Keto related, or specifics as you will see. … For instance, If you’re looking for something in relation to Keto Foods or ideas for meals, I would suggest checking out the ‘What did you Keto Today’ threads. It’s a place where folks share their meals, meal ideas or just visit while Fasting. :slight_smile: :+1: … Below is the latest if you’re interested.

(Allie) #5

Just dive into any topic that takes your fancy. No real skill to it. Intend to visit the latest posts page and look at whatever appeals. Anything specific, use the search feature.

(Kelly) #6

Thanks for the welcome! I do have Facebook but find the keto community nasty, with bullies and dont have a lot of correct information (seems to be a lot of opinions :roll_eyes:). I also have instagram, where I find a lot of recipes, motivation, kindness and inspiration. I could never wrap my head around forums…no time like the present to learn.
What I truly love is the information I get from the 2ketodudes podcasts!!! Which is what brought me here.
Thanks for your help!!!

(Allie) #7

Facebook and keto are not good mixes. So many of us have found that… safe here :heart:

(Kelly) #8

Thanks Dave! I am excited to learn more. I listen to the 2ketodudes podcasts and have learned a lot. I cant wait to see what is offered here!
Will definitely check out the ‘what did you keto today’!

(Kelly) #9

Thanks Allie…I have a feeling I will be here all day playing around and learning new things! Like I said, it’s a rabbit hole…someone in my family will have to come find me later on tonight and pull me out :joy:

(Kelly) #10

They are horrible!!! Nasty nasty people…and all they do is sell. I dont want fake ketones, I want real and natural. I want what I can sustain!

Well, if you happen to find any Rabbits in those holes, just make sure to post the meal pic in the ‘What Did You Keto Today’ thread! :smile:

(Kelly) #12

:joy: :+1:t3:

(Jane) #13

You will get lots of advice and some of it will be conflicting because different things work better for different people. Nobody is pushing “theirs is the only right way” - just mostly people sharing their own experiences, We call it N=1 because the sample size of the study (N) is one - yourself.

Welcome!

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #14

Welcome to the forums! I got started here by looking at new and unread topics that appeared to be of interest. If you see a word that doesn’t look familiar, look for other threads about it by using the Search function, which works pretty well, in contrast to other sites. There is also a Newbies forum with a lot of sub-categories, which might be a good place to start looking around for interesting topics.

We tend to prefer it if people revive old threads, rather than starting a new one, because that keeps the information in one place. This is very different from other forums that actively discourage reviving zombie threads. That said, you will also find a large number of threads that ask the same question as other threads, so don’t worry about getting it wrong. We try to be tolerant here.

As @janie points out there are certain matters where individual variation makes a big difference, so don’t be afraid to experiment and to post the results of your experience.

Be sure to do the tutorials. They are an easy introduction to how the software (Discourse) that runs the forums works. And above all, have fun! :bacon::bacon:

(Kirk Wolak) #15

I am biased. I would learn to use the search feature, but I would start with this (er, excellent?) post…
That will give you a lot of things to think about…

(Kelly) #16

Thanks Paul, I appreciate it. I will be checking out as many topics as I can!

(Kelly) #17

I will definitely be checking out the ‘tips from the oldies’ threads. I’m sure there is a lot of useful information there! Thanks!!!

That’s an immediate 100pts added to your IQ!

FTFY :grinning:

(Kelly) #21

What a great breakdown! Very helpful!

I just wanted to add my welcome. I am a fora-lurker by nature (except at a different site where I admin/mod), but wanted to say that this is probably one of the better forum to get your feet wet, as it were. KCKO

peace