New to Keto, Supplements Question (1)

newbies
fasting
supplements

(NP) #1

Hello, I am new to Keto and this forum. I’ve been reading as much as I can but I thought I’d give it a shot and ask some particular questions about my case specifically. This question is on supplements.

I have been intermittent fasting (16:8) for about 3 months now (skipping breakfast). It’s been working well for me, no major weight loss (probably because of lack of consistency). My goals are weightloss, becoming more athletic, and managing my acne.

I’ve been reading that a lack of electrolytes/salt can give you headaches. I’m on day 2 of keto (I don’t have a way of knowing whether I’ve been in ketosis) and I’m already experiencing headaches, rapid heart palpitation, and problems sleeping. I’ve been reading about magnesium and pottassium, but I want to learn more. Any advice on supplements, specific salt to buy, and when/how to consume them?

Also worth noting is that I a stressed full-time graduate student. I’ve been trying to manage it with exercise and meditation. So these symptoms could not be keto-related, but I’d still want some insight.

THANK YOU

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #2

You may want to look into Ketoaide, I have drank this every day and never experienced Keto Flu in almost 6 months.

(NP) #3

Thank you, Katie!

I have very limited time and space to make this drink regularly. But I plan on doing the following:

AM:
1 tsp of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp of Lite Salt (Potassium + Sodium)
Vitamins (Fish Oil, Multivitamin, Vitamin D3)

PM:
Calm Magnesium Citrate

And… add salt/pink Himalayan salt to everything.

Thoughts?