New to Keto, might need some insights

(CharleyD) #21

I know that feeling and if you KCKO, you’ll adapt!

It wasn’t until around the 6 month mark that I could go through a 60 minute taekwondo class without feeling hit by a train. At the 15 month mark now, I break a sweat about 45 minutes in, unless it’s Christmas (ie: immediately gear up for sparring at the beginning of class). Wheeeeeee! We do have an instructor whose specialty is intense bodyweight conditioning exercises, so I’m a puddle regularly after that.

I’m about 50/50 these days going in truly fasted with a tsp of salt, or going in with some coffee/HWC/MCT/glycine/creatine about an hour before.

6 Months! wow. Im hoping over spring/summer my body can adapt and have the capabilities for next season lol.

I came off the wagon a little bit the past two days. Nothing “crazy” but I did have a piece of ice cream cake on each day for my kids birthday. But other than that meal plans were still intact and maintaining everything else. Gained 2lbs from those 2 days though lol.

I found myself weighing myself daily, Noticed a decrease of .4-.7lbs per day over the last week. Found a few more drinks and things that don’t do me any good. I have a couple hockey games left this season, sled is parked, so i’m going to take up hiking and keep up on biking this summer. Trip to vegas on April 1st so ill be doing my best while i’m there to keep everything reasonable.

(CharleyD) #24

I imagine it would have gone faster if I’d gone to more than one class a week. I was doing the whole ‘listen to the body’ thing, and increased participation when it felt like the right time.

Around 14 months in, 3 classes a week felt right, but I’m probably closer to 50g carbs at the OMAD on class days.

I have been dosing pink salt as well more deliberately. About a teaspoons worth.

(CharleyD) #25

Yeah I’ll do a thin slice of cake for b’day parties. No need to be antisocial, just try to fast around it and try to eat fat and a bit of protein prior to the carb. The order of things matter to how fast the sugar is absorbed.