New to keto, looking for some advice, and literature

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #21

It’s not required, because I lost 36 kg/80 lbs. as a couch potato, doing nothing but keeping carbs low. But while exercise can’t help very much with weight loss (according to several studies, anyway), it helps heal the mitchondria in the muscle cells and promotes the growth of new ones. This increases the metabolic rate and allows the body to burn more energy.

Also, if I’m not mistaken, it also helps promote mitochondrial uncoupling in the adipose tissue, which is when the fat cells metabolise more fatty acids than they strictly need, metabolically speaking (hence, the “meat sweats,” which should probably be called the “fat sweats”).

(Denise) #22

I did too, used my 2 mile walk after a few weeks w/o any exercise, felt better, and lost a steady 1 lb per week. When I stopped doing that I stalled for awhile, maybe just the change, or no exercise. I did go right back to walking, and added exercise including weight at the gym, lost 3 more lbs. I believe in the exercise including weigh-resistance, for me atleast :wink:

(Laurie) #23

Yes, Paul is much more knowledgeable and eloquent than I am, but I still say exercise can help with weight loss. :smiley: