New to forum! 7 weeks post op bariatric surgery

(Kristin ) #1

Hey all!

I’m about 7 weeks post op bariatric surgery. I’m trying to change my life and after a ton of research- am going to live the #ketolife. I am scared of going against my NUT who said no keto, but after reading-this looks and feels right. 3 weeks post op, I started craving sugary foods. I decided to start keto and haven’t craved a carby sugary thing since.

I’m at 199.6 and my goal is 140. I’m excited to be a part of this community and use all of the resources!

Welcome! There are several prominent posters who have had WLS, and I think there’s at least one thread dedicated to it, in case you want to connect/read up.
What’s “NUT”?
You’ve chosen well! Keto is awesome, and so is this forum :slight_smile:

(Anderson Herzogenrath Da Costa) #3

We have a WLS section you might like:

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/health/wls

(Kristin ) #4

Nutritionist! lol. Thanks so much. I don’t want to waste my life on the SAD… it’s ehat got me to where I am.

I’m loving how I feel on Keto so far- best feeling of my life!

(Kristin ) #5

Thanks!!!

Ha! then “nut” works perfectly :grin:

Good luck to you and I hope you keep us posted on your progress. When you’re ever having a tricky stretch - or just want a wonderful way to pass some time - check out the amazing Super Dooper Real Life Photo Thread. It’s really amazing!

keto fasting should help with loose skin issues you may have too.

(Kristin ) #8

OmG, this forum must be a God send!!! Im really hoping to be as healthy as possible, and if reduced loose skin is possible, SIGN ME UP!!!

(Kristin ) #9

It says my access is denied, do you know a way to join?

I think that any threads with photos or personal health info are protected in some way (you need to have been a member for a certain time - not long but I don’t remember the details - or have posted a certain number of times? Sorry I don’t know but someone else will answer, and you can look on the threads that address forum guidelines).

(Carol O'Carroll) #11

Try again in a little while. Depending on how long you’ve been on the forum, you gain more trust and are allowed into more areas. Might be that.

(Karen) #12

Hey we could have been twins. Started at 196 in Aug.

K

(Jeremy Reynolds) #13

Glad to have you here. =)