New to carnivore

Yep, 250 seems to be a mile stone! Congrats to you! Very cool.

@Velvet WTG!! Youā€™ll get there AND youā€™re getting there in a healthy way! :smile:

I found some goose fat (Schmaltz) for sale and remember mom using it when I was a kid. So I looked it up: https://www.nutritionadvance.com/goose-fat/ Looks like a winner to me, no? I donā€™t know what all these acids areā€¦ I know the flavor canā€™t be beat.

Iā€™ve never tried goose fat. Do you think it tastes better than duck fat?

I do, itā€™s a very rich flavor, richer than butter. It imparts a nice flavor to whatever you fry in it, and itā€™s great to just put a little on top of whatever food you have cooked. I havenā€™t had it in many years though. That said, I like duck meat better than goose meatā€¦ but itā€™s all good.

Almost ready to start - not quite yet. I have some veggies in the fridge I need to finish off, also, I think I will be bored without cheese but recently realized I was lactose intolerant. So I ordered some goat cheese and some sheep cheese as these should be ok for me to eat. I hit another plateau almost immediately - now I fluctuate between 247 and 250. I shall get past it.

Oh, and for a decade or so I was pre-diabetic and my feet started to go numb. Happy to report that they are now slowly but surely thawing out. Yes!

wow that is wonderful. sugar destroys veins and circulation etc. very slowly over time and you are improving all that for yourself. Great post!! Sugar evil, zero carb goodā€¦carnivore chat style HAHA

(Keto Koala šŸØ) #29

Hey F, Iā€™ve noticed my veins all stick out more since giving up sugar. They were very hard to find before. Doctors hated giving me blood tests. Now I can see them all over my arms and wrists. Crazy hey!!

(Sophie) #30

Hey Velvet, have you looked into the antinutrients found in veggies? We wrote a bunch of those on our site. I think youā€™ll benefit greatly from reading those.

As for the nutrients you might miss, having a nose-to-tail approach to the carnivore diet might help. Oftentimes, we focus on muscle meats, but if you look at organ meats, they are more nutritious and contains the nutrients you need.

For cooking, you might try using tallow for cooking. Or, and please check with your doctor and do you research, you can also try ghee/clarified butter for cooking.

Hi Sophie, some time has passed since I posted this, and I have since found my own perfect way to do Keto. If I eat during the day, itā€™s carnivore. At dinner I add some veggies, olives, fermented things, mushrooms, green peppers, etc. I now weigh 238 and I feel great, so this is working for me. Iā€™m just going to flow with this way of eating for now. If it stops working for me, Iā€™ll take other measures.

(Scott) #32

I am entering my third week carnivore and it has been very easy for me. Scale is moving in the right direction, not fast enough of course but it is better than going up. I liked my veggies so I am surprised giving them up is no big deal. I do have a bizarre craving for ribeye steaks now. I used to prefer the tenderloins or filet but now like the fat content of the ribeye. I want to get my blood tested but a little scared to visit a medical office right now.

Yes, me too. Staying away from the docā€™s office for now. Not even sure if they take routine appointments now.

(Susan) #34

I called today and got a prescription called in for me by only talking to the doctor on the phone (for some cream I needed) so I think they are trying to do that when they can and only see more emoergencies.

(Scott) #35

It is funny how that works. My wife needs allergy prescriptions called in and the doctor requires her to do an office visit on a regular basis I assume to charge for seeing him. I will bet he is more than happy to wave the visit now.

(Susan) #36

Yes for sure! I was able to get my Asthma medications renewed via my drug store calling the doctor even two weeks ago. I called to renew and they said oh you are all out, we will call the doctor --so I guess for renewals it is even easier at the moment!

Remember that if you want some blood work done you can always order it on your own at places like healthcheckusa.com and I know there are others out there.

Of course, going to a lab may take even more faith than going to the docā€™s office these days.

donā€™t worry on craving that fatty meat cause in truth the ribeye steak has the ā€˜perfect good fat to proteinā€™ type meal we love. NY strips less fatty and more dry in a way, the chucks are great but can be too fatty in a way but that ribeye is the magic bullet of many of us zero carbers :slight_smile: Not bizarre, your body is saying feed me that :slight_smile:

blood tests when eating this way and change, think a year. a year shows more ā€˜truthsā€™ than just changing over or even changing our want of fat content and more. You are so good on your changes :slight_smile: rocking it all, just time is key for all this change to ā€˜come togetherā€™ and be seen for the wonderful it is for all of us :slight_smile:

(Scott) #39

My last blood test was about 16 months ago when I was only three months into keto so I kind of wanted a marker when I started carnivore but that is only for curiosity sake. I am confident in my carnivore path and donā€™t want any part of going to a doctors office with the current state of things, nothing but sick people there.