New program experiment

(Eric) #1

So I’ve gotten into strength training many times in the past. And I’ve been trying to loose weight since forever. Everytime I start lifting though weight loss completely stalls out and I also stop losing inches.

I think part of this is once the “newbie gains” are done I start eating more subconsciously to increase my strength.

So I’ve racked my brain and read all the articles I could find on increased cortisol, lifting, fasting, hgh and everything else.

What I’m going to try is to workout every Saturday morning while being 72 hours fasted for peak HGH. Then Saturday and Sunday feast on all the things keto. Intermittent fast Monday and Tuesday, then fast until after my workout.

My workout will be an weekly overload program based on full body compound lifts similar to 5x5.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

(Tubeman) #2

Just recommended 5x5 earlier, a great program!

FWIW, i’m not sure you necessarily need to eat more to gain muscle, but this is something I would be interested to hear about from others.

I know Volek and Phinney have a book called The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance which may be worth looking into (or maybe someone here who’s read it can give you the lowdown)

(Eric) #3

Thanks for the response! I will definitely look into that book I am always reading or listening to audio books or health podcast.

In the past I have always hit a wall lifting unless I increase calories but I’ve never been keto before. So this is a new experience for sure.