New one on the block

newbies

(Sampada Wagle) #1

Hi, For some strange reason I have been listening to the podcasts when I go to bed and they are still going when I wake up. It is so good to make sense of what these guys say and I am slowly converting my life into the Ketogenic way. I so want to convert my Blood Glucose and come off those damn tablets for good.

(UsedToBeT2D) #2

I assume you are talking about Metformin pills.
I have been type 2 diabetic for 15 years…4 months keto and I have stopped all medications and my blood sugars are pre-diabetic, and keep improving toward normal. This is a life changer and a lifestyle change, but worth the effort. Keep with it for at least three months and you will see a change.

(Sampada Wagle) #3

I was taking Metformin but couldn’t stand the sickness. Doctor then altered it to Sukkarto same problem different name. Now been on Sitaglyptin for about a year. It world with me, but yes I want to remove it now. It might be stomach kind but what is it doing to my body. I also have knee osteoarthritis was taking Paracetamol last 6 years. Only stopped them in the last week, no side effects and no knee pain :grin: total result on that tablet. One down 5 more to go.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Welcome to the forums!

You can learn a lot from those podcasts. Richard has a real scientific bent and has now entered graduate school to further his studies.

Your serum glucose should drop considerably as you reduce your carbohydrate intake. I am not familiar with the drug you are taking, but do consult with your physician about possibly reducing the dose to avoid hypoglycaemic episodes. Dr. Stephen Phinney, one of the early researchers into nutritional ketosis, is not averse to letting patients remain on metformin for an extended period, but I know nothing about sitagliptin or how it works.

My arthritis improved dramatically after I’d been keto for a few months. Part of it is obviously that I am 60-80 pounds lighter, but another part of it is the reduction in systemic inflammation that comes with reducing insulin levels.

(Sampada Wagle) #5

Yes most definitely will check with my doctor before stopping prescription. I was my next blood test to be lower.
I did a sample test at home with different breakfasts 6 months ago. What increases and what decreases blood sugar. Testing my blood before and after, I was amazed by some results.

(Polly) #6

Welcome to the forum and good luck with putting your diabetes into remission.

(Sampada Wagle) #7

Thanks