New - fiding it hard to eat fat

(Annalee Haley) #22

My standard scrambled eggs: I use a ratio of one whole egg to one yolk scrambled in 1 tablespoon of butter. This creates a fat ratio with 81 percent fat. If I am starving it is 3 eggs, 3 yolks in 3 T butter. Scrambled eggs are great in that they soak up the fat they are cooked in. My kids won’t eat any other eggs now.

(Jane) #23

I used fat bombs early on to help with hunger until I was fat adapted but don’t eat them anymore. Fat isn’t really a target you need to meet - just eat fat until you aren’t hungry and have met your carb/protein macros. Protein being more forgiving - ok to go a little over. Carbs is s hard limit until fat adapted.

Eating high fat is easy, oils, butters, heavy cream and good dairy like cheeses, cooking eggs in bacon grease etc. Avacados, best way for ideas is just scroll through recipe section, youtube keto vids etc. Fatbombs are also a beautiful thing.

On the protein, where are you setting your protein level? Many people are petrified of protein for no reason, there are definitely people that need to watch it, and you don’t want to overdo it, it but many people set it to low without cause. Do you know what your lean body mass is, and do you exercise?