New Diet Coke Marketing Campaign - 'Because I can'

(Rob) #1

I know, it’s a shitty pun on the cans which are a new longer, thinner design but to me the thrust of this campaign is about trying to neutralize the increasingly bad press about Coke of all kinds.

The script goes on about ‘You do what you do, I’ll do a Coke’ to tell Coke-heads :smirk: (like I was) that they shouldn’t care what the person who tells you it is crappy poison says. At least they are not trying to pretend that Coke is part of a ‘good, balanced diet’ any more.

(Ken) #2

I’m eating carbs tomorrow, so your post has reminded me to pick up some Coke and a brick of vanilla ice cream. Nothing like a Coke Float right after workout on recompensation day. I might even buy a pecan pie to go with it. I do it because I can.

(Rob) #3

You do what you do, I’ll wistfully think about Diet Cherry Dr Pepper :grin:

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #4

I’m not having Coca Cola products Because I Can.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #5

I will be attempting to kick my Diet Coke habit on the coming months, hopefully because I can.

(Trish) #6

I can’t even imagine how sickly sweet a drink of coke would be right now after 10 weeks of no sugar. I’d probably puke LOL. I had half a cup of blueberries the other day and hunnie said they were quite bitter. I, however, found them to be exceedingly sweet. Interesting how taste buds change.

(Rob) #7

I can tell you that at Coke Zero now tastes sweeter than a full sugar Coke did before keto.

(Candy Lind) #8

That was one of my favorites, too. Now I have a feeling if I took a sip of one, I’d spit it out! :nauseated_face:

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #9

Coke Zero in the US is formulated to be as sweet as sugar coke. So this is unsurprising.

(Rob) #10

I know that’s the claim but I never found it to be so before - much closer to Diet Coke for me. Most recently I’ve been drinking supermarket own brand so that might account for the difference (plus it used Sucralose rather than Ace-K).

(Lisandra Mathews) #11

I just saw the Diet Coke ad it’s so grating- “If you want a Diet Coke,have it. You do you.” As in don’t worry about the obvious health risks just drink our damn garbage product. Don’t listen to all these bossy naysayers or your silly conscience keep you from our product.

(Rob) #12

I just found that a colleague I used to work with in London about 20 years ago…

is the CEO of Coca-Cola :exploding_head:

(Lisandra Mathews) #13

I have no words :no_mouth:

(Jo) #14

You can :blush:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #15

This is just horrible! I’m a little freaked out about how many people are addicted to “soda” regular or diet. I drank it growing up but we don’t have it in the house. My kids are trained to drink water. My teen has bought it or other horror drink when out with friends but has stopped since I told him it could keep him from “getting cut” :muscle:t2:.

The new thing seems to be “I do what I want” which fits in with this campaign. SMH.

(Michael ) #16

This thread sure is dramatic. I don’t personally drink aspartame, but I also believe that studies linking sweeteners to cancer and other health problems are conducted in a manner emulating unrealistic human consumption and scenarios that do not necessarily reflect reality. It’s usually the same junk science as studies bashing keto

You’re probably better off drinking water but I don’t think it will kill anyone to drink a diet mango coke if one were so inclined. I personally think diet tastes like ass so I will likely abstain

(Trish) #17

It probably won’t kill ya to drink a mango coke, but following on that train of thought, it probably won’t kill ya to work in an asbestos factory for a day either. However, working there every day for years likely will.
Also, mango coke??? Cherry Dr. Pepper??? I must live in the boonies as I’ve never heard of these flavours lol.

(Michael ) #18

Again, dramatic

(Shayne) #19

Throw some vanilla in there and I’m all over it! I was so disappointed when they stopped making it that I started making my own as a “special treat”. Diet Dr Pepper, cherry koolaid drops, and sugar free vanilla torani syrup.

As for Diet Coke, I was a DC fiend! I stopped drinking them a little over two months ago when my doctor asked me to. I had a sip of a diet coke Friday night and it was disgusting! Sweet chemicals… I imagine antifreeze might taste better!

(Ethan) #20

the acesulfame potassium in it is terrible for us ketoers