New Diet Coke Marketing Campaign - 'Because I can'

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #21

The Mango was paradoxically better than the orange and the cherry. But that’s not to say it’s an improvement over original flavor.

(Michael ) #22

I wonder why coke hasn’t jumped on the stevia wagon. Zevias are pretty good; not sure about their cola, but the rootbeer is excellent

(Trish) #23

LOL yup thats me, but I’m snowed in so need a little drama. Plus I’m out of bacon and can’t get to the store :wink:

(Regina M.) #24

I have saved my life drinking Diet Coke. I have lost 116 lbs. It doesn’t raise my blood sugar and it doesn’t kick me out of ketosis.

My sister is obese, pre-diabetic, has high blood pressure and assorted other ailments. One of the main reasons she won’t try keto is that she can’t give up sugar (she loves Coke) and won’t use artificial sweeteners, because “chemicals”. I want to ask her what she thinks the Metformin and blood pressure medicine she takes is made from. I prefer my chemicals Ginger Lime flavored like the Diet Coke I am drinking as I type.
I know this way of eating saves lives and feet and sight and minds. I prefer to erect as few barriers to compliance as possible.

(Michael ) #25

I don’t know how you can drink it and enjoy it but that’s awesome that it helped you so much. I switched from soda to la Croix years ago…diet soda wasn’t for me. The coke zero tasted decent to me but still too much like chemicals

(Dameon Welch-Abernathy) #26

Consider yourself lucky.
I find anything with aspartame and/or sucralose to be highly addictive.
Which means I consume way too much of it.
Which creates digestive (and other) issues.
That’s independent of any issues with blood glucose, insulin, or ketosis that may or may not occur.
As a result, I’ve decided it is something I should avoid consuming regularly or in any significant quantities.
As always, your mileage may vary.

(Shayne) #27

I LOVE La Croix! I generally go for the store brand for price, though. Same ingredients.

I’m lucky, I never liked soda drinks, and am repulsed by those at the gas station each morning filling their half gallon cups!

(Sophie) #29

I think this campaign was kicked off for the Olympics…World Stage, healthy, young athletes an all that jazz.

(What The Fast?!) #30

WOW!

(Rob) #31

In the US it was launched at the Super Bowl but your point stands.

I despise Kroger with the heat of a thousand suns but they have a good store brand “sparkling water” that is comparable to La Croix but considerably less expensive.

I’ll pass on the Diet Coke, thanks.

coke was probably more healthy for us when it had cocaine in it.

(Ethan) #35

coke was probably more healthy for us when it had cocaine in it.

At least back then, the name Coca-Cola made it clear that it the product has cocaine. They should rename the new product lines:

Coca-Cola/Coke -> Gluca-Cola/Gluke
Diet Coke -> Diet Gluke
Coke Zero -> Insulin Gluke

:rofl:

(Lisandra Mathews) #37

It’s not a “dramatic” or personal attack on your choice to drink Diet Coke or whatever it is you choose to drink. The whole marketing campaign of “you do you” is what is truly objectionable. Diet Coke commercials aren’t just selling a product, they are selling an attitude. It’s a bad message, it undercuts a persons will power by saying screw it- just do what you want now and screw the consequences. That’s a rational that can be applied to many other things other than Diet Coke. The product is suspect but the message :poop:

(Michael ) #38

Well, you do you