New Color palette

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #42

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!
I DON’T WANT TO BE MAINSTREAM!!!
:nofb:

(Tom) #43

I’m curious as to whether that’s for mobile devices or for computers.

(jketoscribe) #44

On the iPhone (and probably other Apple devices) you can use “Invert Colors” to change the screen to white on black.

Go to Settings, General, Accessibility, Display Accomodations, invert Colors. It will change everything, though, not just this forum.

(paddy0761) #45

Yeah. I’m using f.lux so no problemo Dudes.
Having the colours “facebooky” might make the transition a bit less stressful for some folks.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #46

Having the colors “facebooky” makes the transition MORE stressful for me! :nofb: :nofb: :nofb:
Lol

(paddy0761) #47

Yes. I can only imagine how much I missed on the FB platform - and I used to check in pretty much everyday!
I really enjoyed the latest podcast btw. I’ve listened to all of it except RECIPEEEEEEEES!.
The X-tra X chromosomes are a welcome perspective. I think the Dudes should try and have you ladies on every 5 or so podcasts, at least!

(Nathan Hall) #48

Let’s let Facebook look like Facebook, and the forums look like anything else…
I don’t care about dark or light, just not blue on white.

(JC ) #49

Now that is a great option
Everyone is happy then

Can you change the coding so it automatically goes dark text when I go to bed… Lol

(Richard Morris) #51

Good idea I’ll try to work on a palette that does that

(Henna Selnes) #52

I voted for light, my iPad has a night mode, so either way is good. Maybe I should have voted bacon :scream:

(JC ) #53

Can we not have blue I wonder?
that seems to be the problem with making it look FB-ey

(daniellesings) #54

Hilarious, cuz I’m finding I’m gonna have to navigate all over the place to try and keep up here. I’m sure I didn’t know as much all I missed on FB, so that helps a person with anxiety and FOMO. LOL…

I’m concerned about dark theme affecting printing? If so, I vote light and I can just use the app to darken when I want

Ok, I voted for the light theme but only because the black theme would stick out like a sore thumb on my work computer, haha! The white theme would blend in more with what “I’m supposed to be doing.” Lol.

The white and blue is obviously very Facebook looking. How about going more minimalist with white and gray? Add in a few tattoo style graphics to keep Brenda happy? Brenda, I am just kidding about the tattoos ( fellow Minnesotan here)!

(James Bruno) #56

I really can go with either. Depends on my mood or perhaps time of day.

Is it user controllable? A night mode perhaps?

(Richard Morris) #57

I have a palette in waiting borrowed from SLACK that uses an Aubergine colour instead of blue.

(paddy0761) #58

Not so fast! In time, yes, but not everyone can transition so easily. We’re all not techies here in Ketoland.
Some people are really struggling with transition, I’m sure. Many of the T2DMs are in their 50’s and 60’s and this is going to be a difficult transition for them. It’s probably a huge leap for some of them to even make it into a FB group. I think you should try not to leave them behind.
This is not a race. A couple of months of familiar colours isn’t going to kill anybody, but a couple of months of unfamiliar colours might.
I think you guys obviously discussed this before you made the change to blue and white. Your instincts were correct. It is the correct move in the short term, however distasteful a pill it is. Toes are more important than French fries, and toes are more important than theme colours.

Yeah, thanks paddy0761, you’ve written what’s been on my mind! Esp in my world I’m scurrying to keep up re tech stuff! Lots of new lingo here. I use an iPad and iPhone no computer and learing as I go hopefully :slight_smile:

(bambiying2) #60

The white is killing my eyes. It hurts to look at it.

(Chris Hauck) #61

The white is clean and crisp, easier to read.