Never again - This WOL is my path to improved healthspan

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #1

Sorry for the poor image quality. Came across this picture today. 2014 >260lbs. did not weight myself much back then. Was unable to get in an out of tall vans or cars without help. No endurance. No health.

Today 213 lbs. Still got a way to go. Can work out for hours, work in the yard all day. Mobility is high and frailty is gone. Thanks to keto, minimal bad oils, increased omega 3 FA and exercise 5+ times a week.

BTW - I’m 65 yo. When I hit goal weight people won’t recognize me.

(Raj Seth) #2

I don’t recognize you now!

Fabulous progress daddyoh

(Jill F.) #3

Wow! You look great! Amazing progress so far, keep up the good work!

(Allie) #4

Fantastic progress well done :star_struck:

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #5

That mobility must be great. Good job.

(Hermie) #6

Good for you! Very inspirational!

('Jackie P') #7

Well done, you are looking great! A very inspiring story.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #8

Amazing progress! You look great, and already unrecognizable!

(Laura) #9

You have done awesome and look great! Thanks for sharing.

(Lynn) #10

So inspirational! Congratulations on your progress!

(Carol) #11

Fantastic!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #12

Amazing update!

You’re an inspiration, Eric!

You’re looking great. :+1:

(Cindy ) #14

Fantastic! Your story is great, congrats on your improved health. I hope to be as healthy as youobe day!

(Ellen) #15

Great work Eric!

(MelissaH) #16

You look great! It’s amazing how losing weight makes you look younger doesn’t it??

(Kirk Wolak) #17

When I see these pictures, I LAUGH when I replay people who say “Aren’t your worried about your cholesterol going up?”

NO. NO. NO! I am not. Look at the difference. One picture shows someone BARELY Getting through life, and the other shows someone who is LIVING LIFE. Yeah, you have further to go. Great, you are on the right path.

It’s funny… It SHOULD be all about our TRUE HEALTH… But this ONE NUMBER is supposed to trump everything. AND YET, the brother who had the heart attack… His TOTAL cholesterol was 150. Mine has been above 200 as long as I remember…

Even if I did believe that Cholesterol was a “bad” thing that ALL of our cells need (which I do not believe it is bad)… I would rather everyone was THAT MUCH Healthier with a higher score, and I bet they would too!

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #18

Agree 10,000%.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #19

Body composition is improving with slow resistance training to failure and this WOE aka WOL.

The first picture is August 10, 2017, before strict keto but was <50g carb most days. Weight loss up and down but not much. Biomarkers otherwise were much improved in 2017.

The 2nd and 3rd photo where today at 206 lbs, 42 weeks into strict keto. Today after taking the deck out I cleaned up and got into the outfit shown and finally felt like my body image is adjusting to my actual improved size. The goal used to be 200 lbs. Nah! Going for <180.

Elsewhere I have stated that I want my healthspan to be close to my lifespan. A compressed end of life morbidity is desired. My doctor says I’m doing all the right things for just that.

Today working on the deck I could get up and down on the ground with zero effort. My 5+ days a week going to the gym and focus on eating whole foods (+ smelly fish for Omega3) and fasting IF 18/6 to 72hrs and all of your support has me smiling today. No knee pain, minimal back pain (always have a little) no other aches. 4+ hours on the deck removal fasted and energy to spare. What is not to like about this WOL?

Thanks to you all. Thanks to Dr. Phinney and Dr. Volek for the Art and Science of Low Carb and especially Dr. Fung for the Obesity Code. Now if we can just get to UVA playing Duke in the final March Madness game. Okay, so I had to add that. Just saying. I do ramble a bit. It is in my ADD nature.

Very inspiring, @daddyoh! You’re looking great.

When you’re done with the deck, come on over, I’ve got a few projects you can help with. :wink: