Netflix urged to pull Pete Evans documentary

(karen) #11

Oh for Fuck’s sake. Every other damn “scientific” nutrition documentary on Netflix is a commercial for veganism. I almost wept with joy when a new documentary came up and I didn’t say J***s F***ing C***t, more tofu propaganda. Finally we get one film that’s not about the joy of whole grains and fruit juicing and this is seen as “vulnerability” rather than a tiny attempt at balance or fairly representing an opposing viewpoint that’s actually backed by science. Forks over Knives. What the Health. Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Cowspiracy. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head, I believe there are at least eight others.

(Terence Dean) #12

Too late Australian Medical Association, we’ve already seen “The Magic Pill” about 10 times…What better advertisement than for the AMA to criticize it.

Funny how this new president replaced one who was totally against vaping to get smokers off tobacco and as soon as he left he was condoning it saying that he was toeing the AMA line. These people are a joke.

(Terence Dean) #13

But it will cost you $5.99 to watch the entire doco. I pay $11 a month for Netflix so I can watch it as many times as I want.

(Randy) #14

(Terence Dean) #15

The total hypocrisy of the AMA.

https://omny.fm/shows/ben-fordham-full-show/ben-fordham-takes-ama-president-to-task-over-vapin

(Bunny) #16

Wonder what he eats? Let’s see some of his body scans? And blood work?

The (censorship) answer to freedom of speech, is more speech! (juris prudence lingo) lol

Guess we should pull these too when they hit NETBLIX & YOUTUBE?

Junk Science: Dr. Berg & Ivor Cummins (must see)

The Human Longevity Project (THLP), an Exclusive 9 Part Docu-series

THE LAND (Iceland) THAT DEATH FORGOT

Icelandic Health Symposium, Nov. 2017 Dr. Lilja Kjalarsdottir - How to Make Your Cells Act Young on the Molecular Level PULL FROM YOUTUBE?

(O. Kur) #17

I bought it on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/ondemand/themagicpill
and it is still available…

It was because I watched ‘The Magic Pill’ on netflix that I have completely deleted all processed foods from my diet and have had nothing but fruit and vegetables for the last three weeks and four days.

The documentary also led me here.

Hi everyone.

(Mary McNeight) #19

I just tweeted Netflix that if they remove this movie, I will cancel my subscription and encourage 5300+ people on my email list to do the same.

(Alec) #20

On the back of the recommendation from the AMA President to watch this documentary, I just have.

I AM ANGRY. BIG TIME ANGRY.

I am angry that the vested interests clearly know what they are doing (killing people) and they don’t care.
I am angry that as a species, right now, we KNOW the solution, but our leaders are so invested in the status quo, they are failing the people they serve.
I am angry that our leaders are so blinded by their pursuit of power that they cannot see the biggest crisis we now face.

I am also grateful.

I am grateful to Dr Tim Noakes
I am grateful to Gary Taubes
I am grateful to Nina Teicholz
I am grateful to Dr Jason Fung
I am grateful to Dr Stephen Finney
I am grateful to Dr Jeff Volek
I am grateful to all the other heroes in this movement (too many to mention) that are going to be the people held in immense esteem by History that stood up and said no, this is wrong, we need to change course.

But I don’t know what to do. I could KCKO, but right now I am feeling that is not enough. I want to do something more to stop this criminal insane situation continuing. What can I do?
Cheers
Alec

(Jay AM) #21

You’ve had nothing but fruits and vegetables for 3 weeks? Did you watch a different documentary than the rest of us?

Lol. no.

The documentary inspired me to try ‘clean eating’.

That’s all.

I’m too new here to speak for the community but if any of the leaders starts a petition to Netflix (or letter-writing campaign or whatever) I’ll participate in a heartbeat.

That’s probably what had them ready for the next one LOL

(Terence Dean) #25

You’re actually doing something, setting an example of how Ketogenics is the way to eat.

My favorite part of Pete Evans’ response is the irony of the AMA claiming to have authority over nutrition while doctors like Gary Fettke have their licenses challenged for claiming the same thing. Hypocrites.

(karen) #27

Add Cereal Killers to that list. One of my faves, although I don’t think it’s possible to see it for free anymore.

(Karl) #28

I actually partially agree with the criticism (though I’ll never agree that it should be censored or removed from Netflix).

Cancer patients are absolutely vulnerable to the message they’re sending - which is that they can cure cancer simply by changing their diet. Sure, the doctor they interview briefly after the fact says clearly that he sees nutrition as an adjunct therapy (which every cancer patient should probably do). But the last thing I’d want to see is a loved one pulling a Steve Jobs after a cancer diagnosis and potentially delaying treatment or a chance for a more favorable outcome.

If a lot of people did engage in that, and wound up dying, then that’d be bad for Cancer, bad for nutrition research with regards to cancer, and bad for Keto PR.

Still, Netflix shouldn’t pull it (nor do I think they will - besides, this is probably a case where “there’s no such thing as bad PR”).

(Alex Yohn) #29

There is another HFLC doc about to be made.

(Alec) #30

Here’s the issue. The vast majority of cancer patients are just going to go with what the Dr tells them to do. What does the Dr tell them to do? Eat LFHC and do chemo. Which is not optimal, and we are therefore killing people prematurely.

Is it worth getting this message out there more broadly at the risk of encouraging a few mavericks to ignore Doctors orders and just go with diet? Yep, absolutely. If I was in the official position to make that call, I absolutely would.